Thread: Opinions on on-disk dlc for Street Fighter X Tekken

Opinions on on-disk dlc for Street Fighter X Tekken

If you must have noticed that dlc which is available for Street Fighter X Tekken is not actually anything that needs to be downloaded. It is already present in the game. One has to just pay money to the developers and they will provide a code to unlock them. Usually dlc are extra features or abilities that can be downloaded from the internet. They are usually the pats of the game that doesn’t affect the main game. But in Street Fighter X Tekken, the content is already on the disk, I think that this is wrong and doesn’t go well with me. Has anyone else been offended by such bad trick by the developers to gain money?

Re: Opinions on on-disk dlc for Street Fighter X Tekken

This is not the first time that Capcom has done such a bad thing to get money in name of dlc. Last game that I played was Marvel vs. Capcom, which too had same type of dlc in it. I too think that the developer are doing it wrong by keeping some good characters locked for use and also some gems. Instead they could have initially increased the price of the game and included everything in it. No one would have had any problems. But after making the user purchase a game and then asking some more money to get things in it unlocked is not right. I feel cheated due to this.

This doesn’t only burn holes in pockets of the consumer but also creates an atmosphere of injustice while playing this game online. Some players who are ready to spend money will have all the characters and gems unlocked while others will have to play with limited amount of characters and restricted amount of gems. I myself haven’t unlocked anything in this game but I am still playing with some gems and characters locked. Many times it happens that opponent is using a character that I don’t even know how it works. Thus I am unable to fight them using the restricted amount of characters and gems. Also the gems that are unlocked by paying the money seem t o be powerful tan the default unlocked gems. This again gives an undue advantage to the players with money enough to unlock the content in Street Fighter X Tekken.

This doesn’t only burn holes in pockets of the consumer but also creates an atmosphere of injustice while playing this game online. Some players who are ready to spend money will have all the characters and gems unlocked while others will have to play with limited amount of characters and restricted amount of gems.
    I don’t think that there is anything worth in the on-disk dlc to make an issue about it. The on-disk dlc when unlocked will just give some two or three characters extra to play with. Also the characters are not that special or unique that unlocking and playing using them will change the game completely. It is not like they are invincible or unbeatable; one can play the game easily without them and also win. Also the gems aren’t that powerful that they will change the game or let you easily beat the opponent. You should understand that all characters are designed such that their abilities are equal to each other. If someone has large amount of health than maybe he won’t have enough strong powers.
    The only thing in this dlc that is unique is the costumes. Also I don’t think that costumes play any role in winning and losing of the fight, they are just to add some beauty or looks to the characters. If you think that you will make you character do cat-walk in the arena and expect your opponent to clap for you, then you can spend your bucks on this on-disk dlc of Street Fighter X Tekken.
    Also it is developer’s decision to what to put in dlc and what to give to the consumer. The consumer should decide what to purchase and what not. This dlc is only worth if one is going to play this game for months or will be participating in any competition related to this game. For people who will just be having one play-off of this game and then going over to play a new game, this dlc is just another waste of money.