Thread: Getting poor audio quality while playing The Walking Dead Game

Getting poor audio quality while playing The Walking Dead Game

Hello friends, I really not know that why Telltale Games series is having problem with all the series, such that it is having an awful scratchy audio, is there anyone you who is also getting this problem. I really like all that game which bring you near to death, but it not fun when you are getting low quality audio which is totally completing making stop on my fun and it is happening all the time. This was the same thing which I have notice in other games also, which was Back to the Future game, that time I think it was a bug. That time I have ignored it and was thinking that developer might be fixing it, but that was not happened. This is really not worth and I would suggest them that not to disfiguring the solid voice acting in game series that too with an over compression or anything which is creating a problem. If there is anything which is required to download, so that I can get a good gameplay experience with that? Is there anything please do suggest me. Thank you.

Re: Getting poor audio quality while playing The Walking Dead Game

I believe that problem which you are talking about it is related to your computer which you are using it. I would like to tell that there were problem with Jurassic Park game, such that it was having a bad audio in places, so it was there in that, whereas if you are talking about Back to the Future then let me tell that there was no problem with it, I have played whole series with hiccup and it was having nice sound, I do not know why it was not being working for you. Even I would like to add something, that there are plenty of people who are having two different sound applications, whenever you are running two different sound applications which are running together at same time and due to which problem is occurred which goes go into your hardware device manager, so I would suggest that you better check out that you are having one enabled, if then also getting problem then last option will be that update your sound driver, which might be solving the problem.

I would like to clarify that I was not at all having sound problem with any of the previous games, I have played plenty of game till now which were listed higher end to lower end. The only problem which I seen with the Telltale Games, I would like to tell that this problem is being occurring from games end not on my system. Already done the update of the sound drivers to latest one and also versions of software for various audio devices, presently I am thing to try out the weeding out double in place of running audio software. I have searched on internet for some more information then I have found that Telltale Games are having a history of crap audio quality and also plenty are having complaint about it and many of them were complaint with S&M s3 which is required to work again. Then also the Telltale Games have again gone for the over-compression for series released after that. I would like to know that people who are playing this game, whom are getting this problem, are playing on Laptop or using the onboard PC audio? Whereas I would really like to know what is setup is being used such that audio quality is optimized which is allowing you to have a good gameplay experience. Please do tell me about it.

I would like to tell that I have come across with sound problem with the Back to the Future game, I am not remembering clearly at present such that it was in Puzzle Agent either or Night at the Inventory. One more thing which I have observed is that whenever people are trying to run higher settings then all of them end up with audio problems. Even you were having problem with Back to the Future game, but there was no problem with audio of Back to the Future game, so due to which I think it is somewhat related to sound card or drivers, you just better check it again. I am using the Creative X-Fi Titanium sound card and there is nothing which the Creative is doing for it. I am able to vouch all of them when keeping the soundboard drivers loaded when I was using the sound card and it is giving such type of the problem. What I know that steam version of this game, which is having plenty of problems with it at present. I think that you are having the same version which is having lots of problem and are being related to the tons of problems being had by Steam users.

I would like to tell something according to sound programmer, the biggest problem which they do face is that how much memory and size which is taken by game. When you are having plenty of character loaded then the size of game will be going up to a huge amount. I do not think I will be totally correct about it, where the telltale games are ported to touchpads, reason for that might be to save space which they downsample stuff. In my opinion the developer should make a good one which should be supported with each of the system, which is massive undertaking which does include some dealt with it that at also presently. I think if fans do respond it then it will be very much worth.

I would like to tell that, I have noticed bad audio quality and it was the first thing which I have observed while playing the game. Second thing was that when cop have opened his mouth, then that time I came to know audio is being compressed badly. I am playing this game with onboard card having 2.1 speakers setup. Have played other game also but have not found such bad audio sound with them. Sound which I am getting is something like the police car sirens is driving by somewhat like that, even getting all sound as solid effect but voicework which is there is not at good, mainly with copper, when you are hearing it sound then it is not hearable. I will be trying to work with some other method and see that it is working or not, such that will be running with HDMI to a 5.1 receiver, but before that stuttering should be solved, if it not solved then I will not think to play it.