Thread: Glitch in substitution and squad formation of FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

Glitch in substitution and squad formation of FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

I just started playing FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 and I have played some single matches. After some single matches, I started to play online tournament. I had chosen my team as England. In the substitutes, I had Bent, Stewart Downing, Ashley Young, Theo Walcott and Ben Foster on bench. I started the match and after half time, I went into the menu to substitute player in my team. But there I noticed that substitutes that I had selected were no longer present. Instead he default substitutes were back again. Except Ben Foster other players were completely different from what were selected by me. I don’t know what happens, but in every game same problem occurs. Can someone tell me why it is happening?

Re: Glitch in substitution and squad formation of FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

This is a known issue and all people are suffering from this problem. This problem doesn’t just limit itself only for any specific team or any other any specific user. This problem persists in for every team. You cannot use reserve players in online mode of FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012. This is actually a bug that is not solved or patched by the developers EA Sports. Some teams have more number of players in a specific posuiton rather than players from other positions. For Example, England team has more defenders than strikers and mid-fielders. So if in any case Steven Gerrard gets injured, then you will need to replace him with some defender. Also the online games of UEFA Euro 2012 don’t let user create custom formations, line-ups and tactics. If you set your own tactic or formation, then the game will not allow you to connect to another game. You need to use the default formations and tactics to play in multiplayer mode.

Re: Glitch in substitution and squad formation of FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

The main problem this issue is causing is that of players losing their game style or losing their uniqueness. For example, Wesley Sneijdar from Netherlands has a good heading ability. But he needs proper assistance from defender like Hetinga or player like Huntelaar. Also the tactics for it need to be accurate so that one can set the timing for each player and their positions at a specific moment. But due to non-availability of custom formations and tactics, this cannot be achieved as desired. Thus you can’t achieve the fullest of the skills that a star player like Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Mesut Oezil can provide.
    You have to depend on limited number of players and if anyone of them fails due to penalty or injury, then it becomes difficult to replace them. EA Sports should release a patch that can solve this issue. If such bad production continues, then I’ll stop playing FIFA games in future.