Thread: Need of official kits for host countries in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

Need of official kits for host countries in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

I am a resident of Poland and I am really excited that a tournament like UEFA Euro 2012 is taking place in my country. I was really excited when EA Sports declared that they will be launching dlc for FIFA 12 that will enable players to experience the tournament before it starts. I purchased the dlc and started playing it. I selected Poland as my country to play with, but when I started playing the game. The worst part of it was that the jersey of Poland was nowhere close to the jersey in real life. Except the color everything was different, stripes, logo and the pattern. What is wrong with EA Sports, when did they start making counterfeit material? It is really bad that the host country of the tournament itself is not given official kit.

Re: Need of official kits for host countries in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

It is just not Poland whose kit has been messed with but there are twenty four teams that have their kits messed up. At least Poland has its player’s names properly. Many countries included in this game do not even have proper player names. For example, Gareth Bale is named as Blyth or something like that. The cause of this bad problem is the lack of license from countries to EA sports to use their official details like player names and kits. The trailer that was released by EA sports only shows the teams who have proper kits and also the description or overview has any details about it. This deprives the fans from the real fact and misleads them into buying the faulty product. Many users think that they have wasted money on buying a bad product from EA sports. But this is not the first time that EA Sports has done it. Many years back, they released a game named Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup. According to the novels by J.K. Rowling and movies based on Harry Potter which had reference to Quidditch World Cup, it was shown that Ireland wins the tournament. But in the game Ireland was not included in the team roster.

This problem of missing kits of many countries and also the bad naming of players has lead to outrage among the fans of FIFA, especially the fans from countries whose teams have been messed with. The reason given by EA sports is that they couldn’t achieve appropriate license due to lack of resources or non-acceptance of clauses from sides, developers and the organizations responsible for management of rights for the teams. I’d say, what was the need of launching such an incomplete product rather than making people buy a bad product? EA sports should have given away this as dlc.
    Another thing is that the whole world who plays or watches football knew that when this season ends, UEFA Euro 2012 is going to take place. So why didn’t EA Sports include option for Euro 2012 in the main game itself. It would have solved many issues that this game is facing, including the inability to edit the improper data and many other stuff. I have spent $25 and I consider them as wasted. If the bad licensing of teams was limited till six or seven teams, than at one point it would have been acceptable. They haven’t also provided any option for editing the names of players or create custom kits. At least they could have made the names of famous and star players real. For Example, Gareth Bale or Ryan Giggs.

Come on anyone can just blame and call names to a developer for a bad product. But has anyone thought about the efforts that must have been needed to make this game and efforts to provide it to the players? It is easy to get angry on the developers for a bad product but has anyone thought how much money EA Sports must have spent to get the licenses of the teams that are proper in the team. Also if EA would have purchased every license or maybe most of the licenses for the team, then to recover the money that was spent on it, they would have needed to increase the price of dlc. This again would have angered the fans. Maybe due to this, EA sports must have compromised some features from their side.