Thread: Squads and substitute rotation is not proper in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

Squads and substitute rotation is not proper in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

I have purchased FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 dlc and I am playing it for past three days. The dlc is fine but I still think that it needed a lot more of testing. I am playing it in my Xbox 360 and it suffers from one big problem. It fails to retain the arrangement of the substitutes and sometimes even the squad seems to be messed. I change the squad of my team and it gets switched back to original formation set by the developers. I need to change it every time before starting the match which consumes half my time. Does anybody else to find this annoying?

Re: Squads and substitute rotation is not proper in FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012

I too have seen this problem when playing this game in my Playstation 3. I am playing the tournament using Germany. The basic team that is set by developers is Manuel Neuer as the goalkeeper and Tim Weise as the substitute goal keeper. The main defenders of the team will be Jerome Boateng, Holger Badstubber, Philipp Lahm and Mats Hummels. While the substitute goal keeper will be Per Mertesacker, Arne Friedrich and Heiko Westermann. Similarly, the main Mid-fielders will be Mesut Özil, Mario Götze, Sami Khedira and Sami Khedira. While the substitute Mid-fielders will be Toni Kroos and Marko Marin. The main strikers for the team of Germany will be Mario Gomez and Thomas Müller while the substitute strikers will be Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski. But from the main squad settings, whenever I do any changes they don’t get preserved. For example, if I set Miroslav Klose to be in the main team and Lukas Podolski in the substitutes or any other player from different position to play in another position. Then these changes are not maintained and it keeps changing every time.
    I need to set it before every game to have my desired formation and squad setup. Even the settings like roles of the players don’t get preserved and change every time. I think that the developers need to release some patch to solve this problem.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

This problem doesn’t just create trouble for game in Single player mode, but also creates trouble In Multiplayer mode. If you don’t use the default settings and the team formation, you cannot establish connection with my friend or any other player available online. I am using Portugal to play this game and the default formation is 4-1-2-1-2. If I change it to any other formation like 4-2-2, then I am unable to connect online as I get a message saying ‘Unable to connect.’ But if I change the formation back to default, which is 4-1-2-1-2 then the game connects properly. Also while making substitution in online game, the game crashes without any error message.
    The worst thing about the Portugal’s team is that developer have left the players with good rating at the bottom of the team while all the players with average rating are in the substitutes or in the main team. Thank God, at least Cristiano Ronaldo is not placed at the bottom of the team or else I would IU stopped playing FIFA from next year. Also in online game, more than three goals lead to disconnection of opponent from the network. The game declares the score as 3-0 even if it is 3-2.

I thought that this game extension will completely attach itself to the main game that is FIFA 12. But I was wrong, any changes made in the main game doesn’t get applied over in this patch. I had changed the celebration style and some other features of the players in the main game. For Example, I had changed Wayne Rooney’s hairstyle in FIFA 12, but in the UEFA Euro 2012 the hairstyle is completely different. Also the other details that I had changed, like length of the sleeve to the way the jersey will be worn has also been changed. Doesn’t this dlc preserve anything from the main game? When I started euro tournament, I had included Glen Johnson, dam Johnson and Daniel Sturridge in England’s squad, but when game started they were replaced by Jermaine Defoe, Jack Wiltshire and Micah Richards. This is completely wrong, I spent money for this bad dlc, I think that EA sports should release a new patch to rectify this mistake soon. I never expected such a bad product from EA sports; this must be the worst product that ever came from EA sports. I am highly disappointed and I am switching to Pro Evolution soccer series next season.

This dlc doesn’t just maintain the team formation but also changes the progress of the player back to default. I am playing this game in my PC and in the first game of the tournament, Fernando Torres scored two goals for Spain in my team and Xabi Alonso scored one goal. In second match, Fernando Torres scored one goal and Cesc Fabregas scored one goal. I went into the team stats to check how many assists and goals in total have been scored and all the numbers were zero. In the group stage table, the goals scored by Spain were shown as 5, and also the highest scorer table has Fernando Torres on top with three goals. But in team statistics, the record is nil. I think EA sports must also take a look at this.