Thread: FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 freezes after installing patch

FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 freezes after installing patch

With release of FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012. Several users have reported that their game is crashing or sometime freezes. This problem is started after installing a most recent patch in FIFA 12. It seems to me that problem occurs due to the mismatched data in Creation Centre content (User Generated Content or “UGC”) which has been downloaded either automatically or manually before installing the patch. Is there any fix for this? I really don’t want to mess up with my game and console.

Re: FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 freezes after installing patch

I have heard that few users have found a workaround to this. What you have to do is to remove this content from your system and then re-download it. Here is the step by step procedure for that.

If you have installed the patch for PS3, you have to delete the In-game UGC File
    • Go to [Main Menu] -> [My Fifa 12] -> [FIFA12 Profile] -> [SAVE/LOAD/DELETE]
    • Press the [Cross] button and select delete
    • Select the UGC file and remove it
    • Restart the game.

In PS3 XMB:
    • Go to tPS3 XMB
    • From the Left Analog stick, select the controller icon to the far right
    • Scroll down to Save Data Utility (PS3)
    • Find the file named “FIFA 12 - UGC Data 1 Contains UGC file”
    • Push [Triangle] button and then Delete

Xbox 360
    • Proceed to Main Menu -> My Fifa 12 -> FIFA12 Profile -> [SAVE/LOAD/DELETE]
    • Press [A] and delete.
    • Find and delete the UGC file
    • Restart the console or simply the game.

in PC:
    • The same procedure has told for Xbox 360 and in addition to that you have to delete the Game saved files also. To do this:
    • Open the File Explorer on your Windows computer
    • Go to “My Documents” -> “FIFA 12” folder in File Explorer
    • There you can manually choose and delete the savefiles from that folder
    • Restart the computer to take effect.

Ok. Its look like a common problem with all players and I have had read quite a few comments on EA forums page as well as under some reviews regarding the same. As many as players reporting the same issue. I am using the Xbox 360 and I got the same problem after using the Creation Centre. So I have followed these steps:
    • First of all you have to Sign out from the Live at Dashboard
    • After that launch the game but do not sign into Live or any EA servers. It may prompt for you to login but cancel it.
    • Now you will get the FIFA main menu, now sign into Live & EA servers.
    • This time the FIFA will not freeze.
    • Load required FIFA profiles.
    • This is not a permanent fix though. For permanent fix you have to delete the UGC file.

The EA has released the first patch for FIFA 12 and it is available for both Mac and PC version. This patch is intended to fix number of problems, and EA will also continue to work on what this update will not correct. Remove the ability to control the goalie in online games. In team mode, it is obviously possible to play as goalkeeper.
    • Fixed a memory error which was that Origin crash.
    • Fixed several things about installing and updating systems.
    • Fixed an installation problem that requires users to download all language packs.
    • Fixed a situation where the user finds the shop was empty.
    • Fixed the use of customized tactics FUT.
    • Fixed game freeze when you use a contract after purchasing a Premium Package Bronze in Ultimate Team.
    • Fixed a situation where users were disconnected from FUT after being connected for 5 seconds.
    • Servers optimized for faster transactions.

The downloadable content UEFA EURO 2012 and the supplied patch 1.05 makes problems. So shall the football more often freeze or crash-adventure. Meanwhile, the publisher released an official forum thread for the error on the ropes to happen. Players must therefore specify, since when the crashes occur, whether the Internet is responsible for the bug, or whether a new installation has been made. This problem seems caused by an incompatibility of data Creation Center. The solution to overcome the problem would seem to be summarized in many articles and pages. The problem is on file with the Creation Centre UGC, deleting it solves the problem.