Thread: Pre-release details about GTA V

Pre-release details about GTA V

I am a big fan of games from Grand Theft Auto series. I have been playing these games from the first part on my PC. The last game that I have played from this series is Grand theft Auto 4. I heard that Grand Theft Auto V will be releasing this year. I have seen its trailer and I am really excited about it. The graphics look awesome and the setup of the environment seems somewhat like San Andreas. From the trailer I couldn’t get much idea about the character and what the features that will be added to the game. Has anybody got any information about what will this game be like, what its character will be like?

Re: Pre-release details about GTA V

I know something about the main character in Grand Theft Auto 5. I was browsing various gaming websites and one of them provided information on him. As usual the game will be played using only one character. The name of the main protagonist of Grand Theft Auto 5 is Albert De Silva. He will be shown as a part of crime family from Vice City. It will be shown that he has left the crime family and is settled in Los Santos and has a family. He will be having a son by name Kevin De Silva who will be shown as a hardcore gamer who keeps swearing and abusing while playing games online. Albert De Silva will be shown as an half Hispanic man who shares a good relation with his son. According to the trailer, Albert De Silva will be shown as rich guy who has everything but still wants to earn money to keep his family happy and fulfill their dreams and wishes. In trailer, you can see him only twice, once when he is standing in the balcony where his face is shown from the side and another time where he is sitting in the Deceptor (Audi R8 lookalike).

News is that multiplayer mode will be more exciting than the previous games. I don’t know much about online mode that will be available PC version of this game, but on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. In Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 version of this game, one can play multiplayer game with 32 players simultaneously. Players will be able to form gangs and compete each other. Unlike Grand Theft Auto 4, gangs won’t be ranked on basis of XP but will be ranked on basis of reputation. This time along with capturing other gang’s hideouts, players will be able to do side missions like conducting robbery in launderette to looting an army base for different weapons and vehicles. More control will be provided to the gang leaders for managing the gang. The Gang Leader can rank the members as one wants. Gang leader can also assign specific mission to a specific member. The gangs can also control the areas within the land mass of Los Santos.

I too found some details from various websites that tell what the gameplay will be like. To be more specific, I found some information on the weapons and other elements of Grand Theft Auto V.
    • The map of Grand Theft Auto 5 will be five times larger than map of Liberty City from grand Theft 4.
    • Half of the city will be covered by Los Santos. The area of Laos Santos itself will be two times larger than Liberty City of Grand Theft Auto 4.
    • The map will be divided into three parts which can be travelled across using air-plane or other aircrafts.
    • The planes that will be available in this game will be from different periods ranging from fighter planes from World War 2 to modern jet planes.
    • Guns will be customizable to some extent. Till now only the application of Silencer is sure. I think that gun modification should be provided like in Hitman: Blood Money.
    • Cars too will be modifiable in this game. I don’t know till which level but I think paint job, nitrous boosts and repairing of damaged car will only be available.
    • Handling of guns will be more realistic in this game. Gunfights will be made more realistic. Also in Grand Theft Auto 4, aiming a gun was very easy when in or on a vehicle. You can drive on any speed and terrain while maintaining the accuracy. But in Grand Theft Auto 5, aiming will become more realistic. The crosshair will become shaky when the vehicle will be driven on high speed while it will become stable when slowed down. Also the camera angle will play great role in gunfights.
    • The in game radio will accurately tell the condition of traffic in real time. This will help one to avoid a specific way if being chased or need to move away from some area quickly.
    • The in-game televisions have more channels and more shows. In previous part one can notice the same show being repeated on many televisions at different times.
    • Unlike previous versions of this game, he protagonist won’t die. I he will become unconscious like in Bully, another game by Rockstar games.
    • The condition of underworld can be changed in Single Player game by buying and selling drugs, stolen cars, smuggled weapons and by doing other such illegal activities.
    • One can make their protagonist consume drugs, alcohol and other such stuff which will have effect on gameplay.
    • Crashing the car will now cost player’s health. This will be dependent on speed of the vehicle. I hope developers provide airbags in cars.

From where I have read, I found that the cops and their behavior will be improved more than before. Cops will now chase the speeding cars, which mean one cannot just run around the city in high speed cars. It means that while chasing some target or during other such activities, cops will be automatically involved. This means more fun and more action. As we know that one can make character drink alcohol, smoke and consume drugs, consuming drugs on street or in public place will bring cops at the scene leading to arrest of protagonist. Cops now will be equipped with Riot Shields and Flashbangs depending on the wanted level one has attained. After crossing the fourth level of being wanted, that is if four stars start blinking, then the live condition of the pursuit will be heard live on the radio.

The wanted star system in Grand Theft Auto 5 will be somewhat similar to previous games, but some differences will also be noted. When a one star wanted level is attended, the cops will chase protagonist on foot and will try to make arrest. No police will arrive using sirens or cars. If you are speeding, then only police cars will chase you. Two star wanted level will be attended when you make the protagonist take out gun in public place. If you fire even a stray bullet, it will be also considered as threat and will call two star level cops. Cops that will confront the protagonist on wanted of two stars will open fire and try to injure the protagonist. Use of Stun Guns will also be seen. On three star wanted level, cops will arrive in cars and will try to crash into protagonist. Cops arriving at this level won’t care to injure the protagonist, but will emphasis on killing rather than arresting.

On four star wanted level, cops will become more dangerous and start using bigger guns like assault rifles and shotguns. They will arrive in heavy vehicles like SUV and vans. Nailed railings will be used to puncture the tires of vehicles. Radio stations will start broadcasting the current happenings of the chase. Even after escaping the cops successfully, you will be wanted for next 24 hours of game time. The cops will keep searching for every person matching your details. When five star wanted level will be attended, cops will try to kill you first and then arrest. You will find heavy road barricades made by placing vehicles horizontally and also backed up will nail railings to puncture tires. Also the barricades will have cops firing the vehicle in which one arrives. The cops will keep searching for 48 hours after you escape and will start chasing anybody matching description like protagonist. Many missions will not be available till the cops completely stop the search. Six star wanted level will call military behind you. Escaping from them will be almost impossible unless you are near some hideout or some place that will help evading cops. Again many missions won’t allowed to be taken unless cops completely lose you. The cops will keep searching for next 72 game hours.