Thread: Risen 2: Dark Waters disappoints with world interaction

Risen 2: Dark Waters disappoints with world interaction

As we all can see that Risen 2 previews started coming on the websites and magazines. I have gone through the same and I am really worried about some of the details about this game. Very first thing that I found is that the world interaction is watered down in the same way as it was in the Witcher games. There is no jump and also you will not be able to climb everywhere. If these are the changes made in the game then this is really going in the opposite direction as it was expected from us. For me, it was very interesting to sneak, jump and climb anywhere devoid of the invisible walls and all these things are removed from the game then this is going to be none of interest for me.

I also read that there will not be swimming. Now I am not able to understand the reason for this change as they are having the best probable setting to exploit underwater content with a significant way and you shape the capability to swim as of the game? This is really unacceptable. Other than this, I also do not like the new fast travel system. What was the problem with the old rune system which was working well in the earlier game and I don’t think that anyone was having problem with that. That was the perfect balance flanked by believable exploration and a method to accelerate long travels but now this is replaced with the system which is stimulated from TES series (click on places previously explored within the map and then travel to these locations). As far as I know that this is mostly hated and it was the notorious immersion breaker. So I don’t think that this system was required in this game. One last thing is with the new user interface. I have seen some of the videos and according to that opening a chest will load a different screen. There is no reason to go from the comfortable grid inventory towards the menu which based on typical, annoying console inventory.

Re: Risen 2: Dark Waters disappoints with world interaction

It would be good for them if they start with the beta releases of the game. With the beta release they could get response from the people and according to that they can make changes n the game. Most of the game and software companies do the same and that is always beneficial for them. Result of the beta releases is that the final product that we get after beta testing is with then minimum bug and end user like the product as changes are made according to their suggestions and bug reporting. I can’t understand that why they have not released the beta series beta1, beta 2, beta 3… until the game is tested completely by the users. This is the main reason that that they do not understand the hope of the users and game loses the likes of users.

I am totally agree with the Nguni. I know that this is very disappoint but there is no surprise for this. I can also see that the design has dropped in the pit of consolidation. They are having poor console-style interface and they are also lacking in the free-roaming and reason for this is that the console is not able to handle that. This will going to be continued unless and until this is not the barren monochromatic world similar to the Skyrim and Fallout3. When I purchase the Piranha Bytes games then I don’t require to play the demo of that. I get the game as soon as it is released because I have trust on them but I can’t do the same with the Risen 2. I don’t like that the console game ports are getting sold like the PC games. I think that there is just one way that you can stop the infection of consolization and that is by not purchasing the PC games but know that this is not possible practically but I donvt like to play the game with that much limitation.

I found that the Witcher 2 is having a good story as well as good graphics with art but problem is that the gameplay is very poor which is very important part of this. Overall, this game is not too bad but also this is not very good as well. I got this idea after reading some of the reviews about this game. I found that the environment is quite good but there are many of the invisible walls and environment interaction is also very poor. I am saying this because there is many instancing.

I found that all the new PC games are made with the ground up and taking the console port in the mind. This is the same even if the game comes for the PC first and after that it goes on the console. I would like to tell you that there is a huge distinction between the games which are made for the PC which is taking complete benefit of the capabilities given by PC hardware and the game which are made so that they can fit later with the console. There are many of the companies who do in the same way and this leads to destroy the technical aspect for this game.

This is very disappointing news for the end users. If they remove the jumping, climbing and other important things from the game then this is going to be fatal gamedestroyer. If we see the Risen then we can say that that was the perfevct game for us. It was also good in terms of the graphics. It would be good for the devs if they make use of the same engine and can make a better and the longer story. They could make the same bigger and longer. If they can do in this way then this is going to be the best RPG ever. I really liked the Gothic 1,2, 3 and Risen. I think that the Gothic 2 with NOTR was the best game that I have played till now. I can even say that the Skyrim and TW2 are not even close to that. They are getting destroyed for the sake of consoles. This is very disappointing that PB is going on the same trap. I think that the games for the grown up players are being available. This is not fair to make all the games for the children and the casual players. I wish that PB will release some of the DLC soon that can fix the problems like this. I like to buy the games from PB but if these things continues from then I will never buy that.

Risen 2 is a very successful game, the combat system is not so bad that it affects the whole game experience. Especially by the amusing story, the extensive level system and a lot of variety in the missions you still handcuffed. The visual splendor and the original setting, the lot also give the necessary atmosphere to which Risen 2 falls in a good RPG. Most errors in Risen 2 are technical. It ranges from small bugs to bad AI. Sometimes it's annoying, but usually you will notice little of this. The combat system is even more unfortunately. As I said, you especially at the beginning of the game does not feel like you're in control and have every battle a massive undertaking. Winning is usually a combination of button bashing and many medicines. Later you stronger and calmer you can anticipate enemies. That works better, but even then it still feels stiff fight and hardly intuitive.