Thread: BattleField 3 crashes during gameplay with Nvidia Geforce GTX 590

BattleField 3 crashes during gameplay with Nvidia Geforce GTX 590

I have a windows 7 Professional system with me with Nvidia Geforce GTX 590 graphic card installed in it. the system is quite well managed and maintained by me with no unusual behavior. Last week I installed Battlefield 3 into this system and Monday was the first time I played this game. I must say the experience was worst with it. when I played this game, first of all it freeze and crashed during the game play. Every time I have to hard boot the system again. Nothing works at that time, not even the basic solutions like CTRL+ALT+DEL works. Most interestingly whenever the game crashes alongside it also clears the history in Internet Explorer 9, I know it sounds quite funny and strange but it’s a fact. Until now I have updated the BIOS but no use, and then again I updated the firmware on the SSD and again no use. There is nothing wrong with the system, everything is completely updated and set up decently. The issue is not with any other game, its only BattleField 3 which creates the problem. I rarely play Crysis 2, otherwise even this game sometimes shows the same crashing and freezing behavior. Is there any way to get rid of this issue, or is there anyone who is facing the same issue while playing this game. My system configuration is mentioned below, just have a look at it and let me know whether there is anything wrong with my system configuration.
    • CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k
    • Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V (USB3.0/SATA3)
    • RAM: 12GB DDR3-1333
    • Video: EVGA GeForce GTX590 3GB PCIe
    • O/S: Windows 7 Professional
    • Case: CoolerMaster HAF X (full-tower)

Re: BattleField 3 crashes during gameplay with Nvidia Geforce GTX 590

Any issue faced during the game play is mostly caused due to either the video card or due to the system getting overheated. Not just you need to update the system products time to time but also you have to always keep your machine cool and under control with respect to the heat issue. And if you are not aware let me tell you that computer temperature is bound to rise whenever we play a high quality game. If possible please let me know the temperature of your graphic card. If your card is not on water then definitely its temperature will be rising at an abnormal level. You know the boy water has the potential of making the difference of 40 even while gaming. Dusting can be another reason for this problem. More the dust on your card more will be the problem created in your system. So better check out your card for any dust, if found then its better suggested to clean it up and then try again. Also let me know did you turn of your HD audio of the graphic card using your sound card and also if possible let me know your settings in the NVCP.

Thank you very much for your kind reply, I really appreciate you. Anyways regarding my graphic card let me tell you that my Geforce 590 card is no on water, actually it is on stock and therefore it gets the temperature of about 80-85 degree while not gaming and about 180-185 while playing BattleField 3. Regarding the CPU core temperature the 4 CPU cores in my system ranges between 60-65 degree and 140 F – 150 F while playing Battlefield 3. Precautions that I have taken are: disabled Realtech and also now I sue USB headphones.

Another most interesting thing I would like to tell you is that I just for some R&D purpose I installed Asus AI suite II in the morning and guess what? I got a warning from it, the warning message stated “Motherboard ~60.0 centigrade”. Don’t know what exactly this message was trying to point out but I only know that it occurred while I was trying to play BattleField 3 and it crashed. I simply removed the suite as soon I saw that error message. From then onwards I stopped doing any kind of testing, its better I don’t do anything and wait for someone to post some appropriate and proper working solution until then no R&Ds and no trial and error work.

Hey I too have the same issue, the same crashing problem with Battlefield 3 game. I was completely unaware of what to do, the only thing on which I doubted was the drives so I just kept on doing some of the other thing with the drives. Sometimes I use to update them while some of the other time I use to downgrade them. The first time after facing the problem I simply used the drivers from 285.62 to latest beta. Found that 285.62 were quite stabled one but only for few days. Later on it showed the same crashing issue, this time with this driver as well which was quite annoying. But then later on one of my friends suggested me to try out the 296.10 driver. I wasn’t sure with one but even then I decided to give it a try and fortunately it worked. The 296.10 driver actually did sort out my issue. I still do not have any idea what exactly was causing the problem, the only thing I know is that this new installed driver did solved the entire problem. Other than this driver also the new beta driver 301.24 is one of the best one, it works great with BattleField 3 in fact it works more beautifully with all other games. all in all both the drivers works great with all type of games without creating any kind of issue.

I was not the only one with this problem; one of my friends with GTX 590 card was facing the same problem. I suggested him the same and it worked for him too. I am sure updating the driver is the only and the best solution for the Battlefield 3 crashing problem only if you are sharing a GTX 590 card. Hope so it will work in your case too, just gives it try if possible and also let me know the result.

Ok, after looking at your processor and video card temperature I can only say that they are running at an extreme high side. as already been suggested to you try to clean up your card or take it apart. There may be dusts between the fins of the cooling blocks that might be holding back the hot air coming out of the card. After checking out your reading if I compare your CPU heat with mine, my CPU doesn’t go over 50 degree with Overclock @4500. You must thoroughly check out the airflow of your CPU because it seems like your CPU is heating up beyond the limit. I would strongly suggest you not to use monitor software, especially don’t keep it running along with Battlefield 3. If you want you can go for openhardwaremonitor, it’s the only monitoring software suitable and suggested to you as according to me. With this software you can easily keep an eye on your system performance and other things.

Other than this another thing I would like to suggest you is to delete all the DirectX files from the following location or path: games/battlefield 3/__Installer/directx/redist. I personally feel that the DirectX files are somehow messing up with the EA. So better delete all of them and also all the CAB files but make sure that you do not delete the DLL and the exe files. After doing so just give BattleField 3 a try and let me know the result.

I too have the same problem. But the only difference is that I have issue with Firestorm game. Also most of the time I am able to play a complete round of this game but generally after few minutes of game play it crashes with a black screen along with a looping kind of sound, quite weird. I am not sure but I guess there’s an error displayed on the screen but due to the appearance of the black screen and the PC hardlocks I am unable to see that message. I am forced to turn off the system and the start it on again. The strangest thing is that after facing such problem when I try to reset the system, it gives me 3 short and 1 long BIOS sound. This beep only occurs after I face this problem and not during the other time. I don’t know why these beeps are encountered but when I asked my friend he said that maybe my video card is corrupted and therefore I will have to get a new one for the same. Other games are working quite well and fine.

I am also able to play Mass Effect 3 and it plays well all the way with giving me any kind of trouble or even a single crash. My temperature at idle is about 32/34C and during the game play it reaches 64C but not over it. My card was overclocked so therefore until now the only thing I have tried is downclocking the card to 590 stock clocks but unfortunately that doesn’t seems to be working for me at all. Not other solutions are known to me, so please anyone if possible let me know the best way to get rid of this issue. I need to make my system play all those games for which it is capable of playing.

I do not find any kind of issue with your card. The temperature seems to be going well with your card on air. But yes the issue could be with the Audi HD, just try to disable the Nvidia high definition Audio into your Device Manager. Actually the thing was that in my case Audio hd of nvidia was messing up a lot without any reason. As soon as I noticed this thing I simply turned it off. Other than this let me know that during gaming is there any program that is running on the side. Make sure that the voltage of your processor and the RAM are going good after when you overclock. I would personally suggest you not to overclock your 590.