Thread: Humor in Prototype 2

Humor in Prototype 2

I was playing Prototype 2 when I was fighting among civilians using gun. When I pointed the gun towards a woman she said, ‘No, my son's not infected, he's autistic! Don’t shoot’. I shot her dead. I couldn’t see her son. But I found it humorous. The developers have compared the behavior of an autistic person with the behavior of infected person in this game. But when I showed this thing to my girlfriend she was really offended by it. She found this sick in sense. Does anyone else too think the same way?

Re: Humor in Prototype 2

I too played the game, but I never heard any such line. Maybe I was too busy killing people around me. I think that game that has such a huge amount of violence shouldn’t care about some sick joke. It can be a part of game. If it hurts someone, then I think that person shouldn’t even play such violent game. Developers mustn’t have put it in this game to intentionally hurt someone’s feelings. They felt that infected people as they are animated seem to be similar to this autistic people and thus they must have put it in the game.

Re: Humor in Prototype 2

I have seen some autistic people and I think that developers must not use such bad jokes in their game. It may sound humorous to some people. But a person who has been around a person who is autistic knows how bad it feels to see them suffer. I don’t know if the game has such dialogue or not. But if it is, then it is mocking the suffering of the autistic people. The developers should avoid such sick humor. A game is played by many people, maybe it will hurt someone.