Thread: Changes made in 1.05 patch for Ridge Racer Unbounded

Changes made in 1.05 patch for Ridge Racer Unbounded

I haven’t played Ridge Racer since last week as I was busy with my exams. After finishing my exam I came to know from official website of this game that, developers have released a new patch which has fixed some the bugs in the game. The bugs fixed are mostly from the online mode of this game. I haven’t downloaded it yet, but can anyone tell me what changes it makes to the game?

Re: Changes made in 1.05 patch for Ridge Racer Unbounded

Before this patch was released, saving the custom created cities was not possible. All the saved cities would disappear for the game. Due to this, the player needed to complete the cities at once and then save. As soon as this patch was introduced, all the incomplete cities that were saved were recovered. Previously before the patch was released, the incomplete cities created by players would be saved but weren’t been loaded again. With this patch, these cities were again loaded in the game. Now I can complete the half finished cities that disappeared previously. Also the process of inviting one’s friend for a domination match has improved. The connection is established more quickly as compared to the previous version.

Re: Changes made in 1.05 patch for Ridge Racer Unbounded

This patch has created more problems than number of problems existed before. On some hardware, when map editor is started, the game crashes. It gives an error saying ‘RRU.exe is not responding’. Also the lobbies to find online players to race with have been badly affected. You won’t find more than two or three people to race with. Also the connection breaks in between the race giving an illusion that the player has quit the game. I first thought that it must be problem with my internet connection, but later found that many other people have this same problem. Many times the multiplayer mode will not even connect to the online lobby. A message saying ‘Connecting……….’ will keep displaying without establishing any connection. Even sometimes game crashes when the custom map is shared online. I don’t know what has caused such bad major changes, but I think it’s time when developers should release a new patch