Thread: Config.lua and init.lua error messages in Legend of Grimrock

Config.lua and init.lua error messages in Legend of Grimrock

I recently purchased this game and thought it would be great playing this game, but I was totally dissatisfied with the progress as I was not able to launch this game, I made some tries with installing but was not able to succeed however. Later I updated my drivers , thinking that they might be the reason behind an imperfect install but I got something like this one. I then tried with first of all the steam version but was with the same result. However my friend was supposed to have the same issue but it was resolve d when he tried the process with an standalone installer. So I just made tries with the same way again, I hoped it could be solved, but neither a positive result in this attempt also. Please suggest me a way through this one as I am not able to proceed further, I made several tries, are there any guys who are with the same issue.

Re: Config.lua and init.lua error messages in Legend of Grimrock

I was also having same issue and was unable to launch . and later found that there was an requirement of that file. It was regarding something like console.lua . so all was sorted out when I downloaded the console.lua file and made a launch afterwards. There were no such kind of errors after this one, so you could also try with the same one. You need to see this in the my documents folder where there you are able to see the save game location, you need to look around it. This will hope you give any hint to solve your issue.

In my case, I was not able to solve further. Hope you guys help me from this one. So I downloaded the console.lua and followed the directions regarding the setting developer= true in the .cfg, but after I pressed shift + tilde in game, there was no console which came into view. the console.lua file is present in my almosthuman\grimrock folder but not getting though . please someone can assist me . I require to adjust some timing due to some disability concerns or else this game seems to be much unplayable in my concern . do I require to do no matter what, other than set developer = true in the grimrock.cfg? or would it solve. I have done several attempts to ponder upon the same thing , but with no results. Later , I searched on some forums site and got something like this one. They told that I need to have to go to offset 7C1 and change the hotkey to something which my keyboard was having. (Like ` or ~) and then open up Console.lua with a hex editor along with change it ^^.but it was not solve d either. So what could be the concerned case. As it seems that 7c1 doesn't seem to be a valid integer number. I have used a hex editor for the first time and so cant get with it . are you gusy able to give me the correct integer. The forum guys were talking regarding the changing of the symbol so I need to inquire what does the symbol I need to replace look like ?thanks.

I changed my save location game and transferred to my d drive. It was all done with the help of vsync and I think that was the reason I was unable to launch the game. So that it could be the appropriate reason which is not able to create the config files. And if it is failing to create the initial config file this error can be common. So all you need to check whether your Documents folder is not readonly and preferably on a local drive. Just also make a try with altering 'my documents' folder to a different drive. That could solve your issue. It could be also possible that some of your folder associations hadn't updated properly with the switch if you have made an installation of new hard disk or something like that. Also if you are with the same case, to fix the association y ou can make use of the regedit under the following path:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders . this will definitely help you.

In my case, I was not able to solve further. Hope you guys help me from this one. So I downloaded the console.lua and followed the directions regarding the setting developer= true in the .cfg, but after I pressed shift + tilde in game, there was no console which came into view. the console.lua file is present in my almosthuman\grimrock folder but not getting though . please someone can assist me . I require to adjust some timing due to some disability concerns or else this game seems to be much unplayable in my concern . do I require to do no matter what, other than set developer = true in the grimrock.cfg? or would it solve. I have done several attempts to ponder upon the same thing , but with no results. Later , I searched on some forums site and got something like this one. They told that I need to have to go to offset 7C1 and change the hotkey to something which my keyboard was having. (Like ` or ~) and then open up Console.lua with a hex editor along with change it ^^.but it was not solve d either. So what could be the concerned case. As it seems that 7c1 doesn't seem to be a valid integer number. I have used a hex editor for the first time and so cant get with it . are you guys able to give me the correct integer. The forum guys were talking regarding the changing of the symbol so I need to inquire what does the symbol I need to replace look like ?thanks.
    So you need to have an console file to make that work. In addition , it will look like a stlyized "s"? so you need to change that to the shift + tile (~) key and that will tend to come across with possible aolution. You will find an developer = true in your grimrock.cfg file. I need to advise one more thing like changing the max lines at 0x0A- will also do. And max lines will let you see more of the console.