Thread: Call of duty: Modern Warfare 3 lags when using D-link DGL-4500 router

Call of duty: Modern Warfare 3 lags when using D-link DGL-4500 router

Hello friends, I am playing Call of duty: Modern Warfare 3 and getting lagging problem with it, do not know what the problem is. I have searched for solution and reason of the problem and founded that it was due to D-link DGL-4500 gaming router. So due to which I have tested other games also such as BlackOps, BattleField 3, NHL 2011, did not played any of them but have to do it so that I can test multiplayer traffic. When I was doing that then I found something very much interesting such that when playing BlackOps then packets Sent/ Packets Received 0.5% returned packets get lost being return, such that if you are sending 100 packets of data then out of them 99.6 get returned, during time of Battlefield 3, when send 100 packets then in return 100 packets are received and it was same thing with NHL 2011. But when I was Modern Warfare 3 then 60 - 70% return on packets sent which was been depending on game mode and anyhow there is lot of constant lost packets being sent back. When I have checked this same thing on friends place then it was about 85% returned. So main point is that how to overcome with lag issue? Thank you.

Re: Call of duty: Modern Warfare 3 lags when using D-link DGL-4500 router

According to you it seems that when lowering your MTU then it connects to the problem such that when you are trying to sending some number of packets and those packets return more or a more rapidly with more balanced amount. I would like to tell that there is no sense in that how to balance connections, such that if somebody is sending some amount packets of data, return getting same number of packets of data and this creates the wysiwyg. If you check out this then it is making control or try to balance or what they call lag comp and it is sending back very less information which you have send it. If you people check it properly then it making more sense to make it in that way, such that if there us user who is sending one packet of data at high speed and get it at very low speed then also it is 1:1 ratio. One thing which I really not understand that what it is actually doing such that sending a send 1 packet faster than others and getting 25% of the packet back or sometime does not get it.

When you are actually done with it then you will be getting a huge gap whatever you are have sent it and what you are getting it back. If you are doing it better then it appears that you are getting more packets in return which is competently more then what you were getting previous game. Anyhow whoever is able to login to routers then I would suggest that go to firewall or you can go to Routing Statistics, even download a port monitoring program and check out port 3074 tcp/udp and port 88. I would suggest that better check it out when you are playing fame. I have observed when I was playing Blackops and it was very much close.

What if the reason the packets are not inching toward getting returned is the host is too occupied doing alternate things and cannot give back where its due packets efficiently? That could make more sense to me. Regarding the first IW team other side and every last trace of the people who took a shot at MW3 are late to the code base; they can't probably have chosen to re-compose the net code. They would be able to on the other hand stack the engine down with other processes, consuming resources that might as well be committed to MP information communications and synchronization. The just different sensible demonstration could be subverted from 3 marches when they executed their against-cheat/theater bs into MW3. Possibly method it’s all speculative and will never move toward getting addressed. In the game that you experience the lag comp heck like I do, the just approach to play this game is to just shoot when you're not moving prone preferably, with assassin pro, blind eye pro and a silenced weapon with quick fire. The moment you stand up or move to shoot your dead quickly. Admitting that you never viewed your adversary, in the kill-cam he's out rightly standing right in front of you shooting as you stand there similar to a deer in headlights.

The game utilizes udp; this is a connectionless protocol it’s essentially near on unlikely to monitor for lost packets as there's no affirmation of sent/received packets. When you send a UDP packets the header primarily holds the IP and port of the destination, it’s precisely the same as it would be if you sent a letter in the post with nothing something greater than the address, you hold no method of knowing assuming that it reached unless you sent it by trackable means. The only method you might monitor udp traffic is if the packets had an added layer joined with a sequential numbering system which you might log, this doesn’t go with games as the course udp for games works in connection to lag comp indicates the game is designed to interjected for lost parcels and "fill in the blanks " , UDP by its absolutely nature indicates you will constantly get a level of packet misfortune its regularly around the 5% mark and games developers consider this indicates the game has the capacity to fill in the unfilled spaces if declare for example you get one packets that express x player is here, and you avoid a redesign and the following packets declares x player is now here, the game can fill in the unfilled spaces so the players doesn’t suddenly bounce from one spot to the other, this is fundamentally what lag compensation does, it smoothes out the gameplay for players with varying pings.