Thread: My monitor goes black and says input not supported in Naval War Arctic Circle

My monitor goes black and says input not supported in Naval War Arctic Circle

I purchased this game recently and made an installation . I suppose this is a usual game with common graphics which will support my system configurations, I have played most of the games which were of higher resolution and they played very well , so what I want to say is , as most of the higher resolutions game play well with my system configurations why this is not doing the same in my matter. I tried with common solutions such as updated my graphics drivers and the game was launched in the windowed mode but It appears that my monitor goes black when I launch this game in steam . In addition it comes into my view that i occur with some error as “input not supported”. so I think this is all because i i have set it to higher resolution . and so I need to inquire you all , whether there is some means in which I will be able to lower the resolution without doing it in-game?

Re: My monitor goes black and says input not supported in Naval War Arctic Circle

I also a had similar issues and as I played further there was some relating error which state that the input is not supported. updated my graphics drivers I made some contacts with the developer team and suggested that dropping it to 600x800 in prefs file then to a good resolution in-game will work fine. And after trying this one it actually was responding well and I was with no such error messages. There is also some sort of error such as Outdated graphics drivers. And it has been solved when I made an installation of the newest drivers for my graphics card.

Re: My monitor goes black and says input not supported in Naval War Arctic Circle

So all I have are some game issues and with this game the same thing arrives. I was with a issues in which my units were freezing in mid air the same issue which it is posted in this section and I was solved with that issue and thought that there would be no further issues but my assumption was wrong. The same error which occurred with the guy which is posting this thread has come across and I could not find any definite solutions. And according to me, I suppose the issue should be something with hertz frequency of ours tv's (60hz)I made a check and found that there was no such case relating it so I need your help guys as this time it s even worse as I am stuck on the mission and not able to do anything. I tried with setting the resolution but found no positive outcomes. Instead it gave me some more error messages such as list of screen resolutions, saying:
    Switching to resolution 640x480 failed, trying lower one
    All resolution switches have failed .
    So not getting guys pleas e provide appropriate solution.

It was solve din my case and hope this also solves your bugs. You need to select any text editor, notepad would be the best option, and you need to open the NWACPrefs file in Notepad and with this you will be having an resolution which is set for your system. And if it is of higher resolution just make attempts to try with lower resolutions and this might solve your issue. If that does not solve you can change the resolution to one that is supported by your monitor and then try. This will definitely help you.

It has been made clear by the development team regarding the system requirements. As it will not be supportable if you use some minimum system requirements. So for windows system the minimum Video Card (GPU) which it supports is 128 MB GeForce or ATI equivalent (Direct X 9.0c compatible) and it has been recommend to use 256 MB GeForce or ATI equivalent (Direct X 9.0c compatible) . if you are playing with a ratio of 4:3 (Standard) you need to set the resolution to below 1024x768. And if the case is 16:9 (Widescreen) you will require to set the resolutions above 1280x720. In addition , if playing on a borderless Fullscreen Windowed mode then the Windowed mode is available, but only at a fixed resolution. And if you guys are using 1 Gb ram , it will be not at all supportive and 2 Gb is the minimum RAM requirements for this game.