Thread: Ridge Racer: Unbounded does not work with ATI Radeon HD 6970

Ridge Racer: Unbounded does not work with ATI Radeon HD 6970

Hello friends, I was trying to play Ridge Racer: Unbounded game on my system but it was not working, it was having problem with my graphics card. Such that I am using ATI Radeon HD 6970 card with Intel i7 930 processor which is overclocked to 4.01ghz and it having hyperthreading off, also having 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit installed 1200 Watt power supply and try to play it in 1920x1080 resolution. It is properly installed on hard disk and also verified each and every file from stream and done defragged. Even try each everything with my card such that changing setting from high to low then also it does not work. I have also uninstalled graphics card drivers so that I can reset to bios. When doing all these things then also was getting stuttering in-game and sometimes it is working fine on specific levels but then other levels it giving problem , most of time it crash out things and turning bends and even loads keep on happening. Is there anyone who is able to solve problem so that I can enjoy game, as it is tough to find what is problem and reason of it? Please help me out. Thank you.

Re: Ridge Racer: Unbounded does not work with ATI Radeon HD 6970

I am getting the same thing which is happening with me, only changes is that in specification such that I am using Intel i7 920 and having 750 watt power supply, whenever playing it is then working very much smoothly and earlier I was getting problem with other games such as in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit I was getting terrible stuttering and even there was a great drop in frame rate and it was same thing which was happing with Fallout New Vegas and also with Batman AA and many other game. But anyhow I was able to find the solution to solve it, such that need to uninstall a third party utility called ASUS GamerOSD, I am talking about mine. If you will be trying to disable then also it does not work you need to uninstall it then only it will be solving it, if you does not do it then will be getting again and again, so you can try out if you are having same.

I do not think that it is due to card, where I am also having this same problem. Getting the stuttering in all the tracks, if it was happening in some track then it was fine for me but happening in each and every track on game. But there is only a temporary solution for it that tries to run game in window mode in screen resolution and also hide the main panel. If this thing is possible then I would suggest Bugbear Entertainment can help it with this thing. I am having all latest drivers and system is fully upgrade then also problem is occurring, so there should be something which needs to fix this. Even I was trying to switch off aero later and modify application settings in AMD application then also it does not work. But it’s hard to say, that Window 7 is very much behind this, when approximately every gamer is having Windows 7.

I think that it might be problem with windows 7, so you need to check that it is happening in other or not? Anyway I doubt that it the 64bit that would be able to be a situation. Over at other site discussions for their racing games, appear Windows 7 64bit has more situations with running games. And then XP 64bit had some issues, as well. I have Vista 64-bit and my new games over the final 4 years have run good. Yet Flatout 2 lean toward XP thou. That why I'm going to triple boot my new gaming PC I'm assembling: Windows XP 32bit, Windows 7 32bit, and Windows 7 64bit So in the event that I do have some problem with any new game I have introduce under Windows 7 64bit, then will give Windows 7 324bit an attempt.

While numerous PC users have hardware and operating systems in their machines that are acknowledged old or even out of date, PC managers who utilize the Steam download service from Valve have a tendency to stay more on the forefront of PC hardware and software development. Valve has given the alternative for Steam users to transfer their hardware specifications to the team to make a review of their users. In the newly updated Steam survey results for March 2012, they demonstrate that for the first time, the 64-bit version of Windows 7 is now utilized by a slight larger piece of the pie of people who supported send information for the survey. The numbers for March indicate that 53.91 percent of Steam users have the 64-bit version of Windows 7 installed, a massive expand of 10.89 percent compared with February. This shows that, for PC gaming at any rate, gamers decidedly need the 64-bit version of Windows 7 established on their rig. The 32-bit version of Windows XP is at distant second with 14.78 percent, followed by the 32-bit version of Windows 7 at 13.76 percent.

Just contributing to state that I possess this constant lurching thing. It's smooth for about 3 seconds, then it’s like I'm heading through treacle for a different 3 seconds, then smooth again-that rehashes throughout the track. Running it windowed does fix it, but then some auto-contrast thing appears to kick in and the game goes pitch dark at certain indicates as light levels update. Never had this with any viable diversion, incorporating a greatly modified Skyrim. I am using AMD Phenom X4 955 BE processor with 4GB DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon 5860 1GB and running it on Windows 7 64-bit.

Just contributing to state that I possess this constant lurching thing. It's smooth for about 3 seconds, then it’s like I'm heading through treacle for a different 3 seconds, then smooth again-that rehashes throughout the track. Running it windowed does fix it, but then some auto-contrast thing appears to kick in and the game goes pitch dark at certain indicates as light levels update. Never had this with any viable diversion, incorporating a greatly modified Skyrim. I am using AMD Phenom X4 955 BE processor with 4GB DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon 5860 1GB and running it on Windows 7 64-bit.

I see what you're expressing, but I don't imagine this is a valid result. My ATI card is truly fit for of playing any game out, it’s just with unfavorable ports that I have discomforts and that would be on the developers, not my GPU manufacturer. In addition when porting a game to PC you blatantly might as well give careful consideration and test it out on different hardware setups, if Bugbear did any play testing whatsoever for PC this problem would've been effortlessly spotted. My hardware is fine; I could probably play any PC exclusive without any pain on maximum settings at an exceptional framerate. Solemn Sam 3, the newly released Legend of Grimrock, any MMORPG-PC RPGs like Drakensang. So there's no explanation a flimsy console racing game event shouldn't work. I have ATI 6970 Radeon, attempted with no drivers, late drivers, beta drivers, profile drivers, and bring on zero difference. Then I go play dirt 3 on ultra and it runs perfect. It’s clear it’s an in game error now owed to everyone having the same issue as myself with respectable card. Screw AMD I’m acquiring 680 gtx had enough of the aforementioned gentlemen this is each game now. Nvidia has settled the situation obviously

Confidently it will fixes the situation. In the interim I've figured out how to recognize a sensible fixes for myself: I've utilized D3DOverrider to constrain V-match up and Triple-buffering, it appears to mitigate the stuttering situation and the event is now playable. I prescribe anybody else with this situation give that an attempt, both Nvidia and ATI go with the system AFAIK.