Thread: Which bugs are been fixed with Ridge Racer: Unbounded patch 1.06

Which bugs are been fixed with Ridge Racer: Unbounded patch 1.06

Hello friends, I have heard that patch 1.06 is been released and it has fixed lot of bugs which were there in game, I have not done update till yet, so before going for it would like to know what were things which are been fixed by that particular patch, I think most of people will be knowing what were the problems with it, so can you please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Which bugs are been fixed with Ridge Racer: Unbounded patch 1.06

There were plenty of problems with game and patch 1.06 have fixed most all of them. I have downloaded file, know what is fixed, so issue with particle corruption is been solved, even longer player names in the ingame hud is fixed. There was a huge problem with time which was occurring on some multicore systems is fixed, even you are able to join multiplayer game faster and if there are more people who are joining it then also it is fast, does not have to wait for it. Early game was crashing when switching quickly from multiplayer Shatter Bay Racing to Domination Match or doing opposite, now it will be not happen. Now no time stopping in multiplayer lobby and also when time goes to zero then it will be going into game. Soft lock is been fixed, which was occurring during loading in multiplayer. Graphical corruptions at the edge of the screen are proper and better from earlier. There will be no problem with very low bandwidth hosts and bloom problem is been fixed. There were lots of problems with multiplayer bandwidth detection and also with detecting a too low bandwidth which only happened on very low bandwidth connections, now it is not been seen, I have not check it yet but according to patch it is been solved. If you try to control several controllers then game will not crash which was use to happen earlier and also multiplayer join failing with certain combinations of NAT devices.

There are still some of problem which is need to be fixed, actually most of problems which were there are fixed, but bugs which is need to be fixed in coming patch which are that when a user is trying to join multiplayer and at same there are people who are joining same, then it does not connect. Such that if I trying to join it and at same time there is someone is joining same game then it does not connect. If you are waiting in Multiplayer lobby then game crashes and that also happening when there are plenty of people joining it simultaneously. If you are playing in multiplayer then also it crash or get disconnected, there are problems with controller and still able to see micro stuttering during game. I am also hoping that developer get it fixed with next patch and if it not then it is really tough to play multiplayer mode with some many problems.

Work which is been done with patch is really nice but then also there are other bugs in game. If you people have played FlatOut 2 and FlatOut UC then both of them having some unreasonable requests which were really great and also helpful, so I was wishing that those request added to this one, if it is possible for them. I do not think that it might be tough and they have done it during time of releasing of game, such that there should be more graphics options to tweak in the launcher like texture, shadow, particle and AA, if all were these added then it was very much enough for game. I would like to suggest that there might be an option to wait for more players before starting a race. There can be option to add into progress so that any user can wait in lobby so that other users can complete their race and would be nice to have an option to kick player from lobby. If developer are able to add feature like View Steam Profile just pressing a single key on controller and check which players are playing, also able to add them onto our friend list. I would like to have a text chat function which is must in multiplayer game, so that we are able to chat during game or when waiting in lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochimaru View Post
    Work which is been done with patch is really nice but then also there are other bugs in game. If you people have played FlatOut 2 and FlatOut UC then both of them having some unreasonable requests which were really great and also helpful, so I was wishing that those request added to this one, if it is possible for them. I do not think that it might be tough and they have done it during time of releasing of game, such that there should be more graphics options to tweak in the launcher like texture, shadow, particle and AA, if all were these added then it was very much enough for game. I would like to suggest that there might be an option to wait for more players before starting a race. There can be option to add into progress so that any user can wait in lobby so that other users can complete their race and would be nice to have an option to kick player from lobby. If developer are able to add feature like View Steam Profile just pressing a single key on controller and check which players are playing and also able to add them onto our friend list. I would like to have a text chat function which is must in multiplayer game, so that we are able to chat during game or when waiting in lobby.
    I do agree with points which you would like to see and especially during multiplayer. If those things are not there then game seem to be boring and when you are waiting in lobby for 30 seconds and you are not able to do anything. I have played other games, in which I was able to maintain friends list and also get option to select cars and other thing, when doing all this then waiting time get over faster. Option to add in progress is really great idea and if that thing is not there then it is very much difficult to fill up the lobbies whereas you need to enter those one which is not present in race. If you check the possibility of this then it is very much low as the time in the lobby compared to the racing time is low.

I would like to suggest some thought for micro-stuttering and multiplayer issues which should be fixed and I am having some of points which should be consider for multiplayer, such that Shindo Racing should be made it as online mode, or it can be that which will be seen occasionally in standard Shatterbay Racing mode. I really like Shindo Racing whereas it is not necessarily to play with the Shindo cars, I believe that Shindo Race and Shindo Drift classes are not been proper balance for car content, so Shindo racing should be available with three main car classes which will be really nice one. I do believe that 'list of current lobbies' thing are been added or taken it for consideration. There should be some sort of track voting system, which will can tell which is best one to play. I really like Race class as it is immortal being in Super Class which is very much unbeatable till the time you have T-bone around a corner during start. Other than that we should be able to vote for two different races during time of start of a lobby which will be really nice. There are not many tracks in actual rotation in game mode, so I would like to suggest that they should add more career mode tracks in it and it will be really nice. I would like to Shindo cars divided into three basic classes, such as Shindo Motega is not good in term of normal one. I was also thinking that is there any Shindo cars which is very much balanced enough so that it can be used in three main car classes online or anything and once these things are been added then it will be really great to play it.