Thread: Legend of Grimrock D3DError (D3DXCompileShader failed)

Legend of Grimrock D3DError (D3DXCompileShader failed)

Earlier, when I was starting the game then it shows me that there is some problem with the DirectX and I need to reinstall that. So I deleted the DLLs and then reinstalled the DirectX but after thus when I try to start the game again then it is showing me the error message as D3DError - D3DXCompileShader failed: ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT. I tried to start the game many of the times but all the times it comes up with the same result. Can somebody tell me that what could be the reason for this problem? I searched for the same on internet but there is not seem to be any solution for this, so thought that it would be better to start a thread over here so that I can get some suggestion from the people over here. If someone over here is having any suggestion for me then please let me know that. I will be thankful for all the replies.

Re: Legend of Grimrock D3DError (D3DXCompileShader failed)

First thing that you must check is that if the computer that you are using is meeting the minimum system requirements for the game. If it is lacking in that then you might get the issues like this and this is very common issue with this. Other than this you must also verify that the DirectX is installed properly in your computer or not. You can also try by reinstalling that and see if that can make any difference in that. One more possibility for this is that the graphic card and sound card driver is outdated and because of that you are facing this problem. So update that to the latest version. So these are some of the primary things that you must check and verify. Normally problems get resolved with these and if it does not help you the you can reply back. We will try to get it solved in some other possible way. Good Luck!!!

Have you enabled the Eyefinity. If yes then you must disable that and see if that makes any difference. I have seen some of the similar cases where enabling the Eyefinity comes out as the reason for the problem and disabling that resolved the problem. I have doubt that you are having the same case. If this is the same case then you must try by disabling the Eyefinity. I am quite sure that it will solve the problem for you. If it does not help you then you can move on to reinstallation of the game and see if that can solve the problem for you.

To get this problem solved. First of all get the DXSETUP.exe. After this make a folder on the desktop with the name DXSetup. When you run the archive then it will prompt you for the folder to extract. Now just select the folder that you have made on desktop. I would like to tell you that the DirectX installer is having about 100 different .dll files which is required by the DirectX. Each of that files contained a .cab file. You will be able to get the versions through the names of the .cab files within the extracted archive. If you want to ensure that all the files by the DirectX is replaced properly, you will have to build the installer that is replaced through the bad DirectX dll. If there is some dll that is bad then kit will be vary and replaced by the correct file.