Thread: How to increase Tribes: Ascend performance and optimize bottleneck

How to increase Tribes: Ascend performance and optimize bottleneck

I had gone through a couple of round in this game. The training session went fine but another part took a very long time to respond. Other than this the game lags a lot in the meanwhile. I had checked the game system requirement is as per my system and I do not need to add up more. I had seen some article on web which showed that it is possible to increase the game performance and reduce this bottlenecks. But I am not able to figure how to get this thing work. The worst thing I can do is add a ram which I do not want to. Thanks.

Re: How to increase Tribes: Ascend performance and optimize bottleneck

Tribes: Ascend is a online game. The performance is also affected if you do not have a better internet bandwidth. So first thing ensure that you are getting low ping when you are playing. Increase your internet plan if possible. The game is nice but it really irritates when you find lag or low performance issue in the game. So there are certain things which can be optimized. Go and check the graphic settings. There are number of option available here. From frame rate to many stuff you can customize or disable the same. It is easy to understand also. If you had played some starting levels you can understand how it works actually. I hope you are having around 2Gbs of ram and atleast a 512GPU to meet the game need. You can try disabling background services and extra options which are not required on the screen while playing. Dropping sign is not a good indication of your gpu or whatever hardware you have in your system.

It is right there are ample of things you can modify in the graphic settings. Fps can improved by using a better video support. Update your gpu drivers if possible. The thing which annoys me a lot are the hud icons on the screen which shows you a number of indications related to places in the game. I found that this hud icons puts a impact on the game play and to an extent disabling them is recommended. It is not necessary you need those on your screen everything you are playing. Once you are use to the gameplay you not really need them. Disable the hud icons from graphic setting and then check the fps. There should be a gain. If you face any bug or error do not worry.

The game has many options in the graphic settings. There are number things which can be customized and I am sure that will add a bit to the game performance. But that is not all you can rely on. First do this turn of all the HUD items in the game. Then check the gameplay. You might get less help on the screen but the movement will be smoother. Disable any background service running at the time of playing game. Second manage optimum resolution for your system. Do not go over limit. I am hoping that the game company must provide any kind of performance improvement patch. I had added 1 stick of 2GB ram which showed me a better output. For every game ram plays a vital role, so you must not ignore the same. HUD icons to some extent are needed in the game. The player who have low system requirement may cause heavier fps loss. What processor do you have. Check the game requirement and match your system component. As lower cpus needs to work harder to give a good amount of processing which generates heats and reduce the system output.

Set your settings to minimal. Do not just turn everything off so that you cannot play anything. There are certain elements which can be reduced. You can manage to reduce the transparency effect and other settings. Lowest settings will give you a bit more fps than other. Some modification can be done to tribes.ini file manually. You can enable and disable a lot more features from it. Go on Youtube and find how to Tweak Tribe Ascend. But remember that before editing the tribe.ini file do not forget to take a backup. So that if you face any kind of crash or bug error you can restore the same back again.