Thread: Class changing bug at FireBase Hydra in Mass Effect 3

Class changing bug at FireBase Hydra in Mass Effect 3

I have been playing Mass effect 3 for a long time now and I found a weird bug at the FireBase Hydra. Every time I play on the left bridge of the FireBase Hydra, I get a character of different class. If I die and again start over there, I get a character from different class than previous one. For example I once started that level with having Soldier as my character. I died in that level and the next time I spawned again in the same area, my character was an Engineer. I was surprised by the sudden change. I thought that it must be the games decision. But on third attempt again I got a Vanguard. I cross checked the situation with my friends game and found that it is actually a bug that is making it spawn different classes each time. After completing the area, next time the game started after cut scenes and all, my character again turned into Soldier which was the class I first selected. Did anyone else too experienced the bug at the left bridge of FireBase Hydra?

re: Class changing bug at FireBase Hydra in Mass Effect 3

The random character spawning on the left bridge of FireBase Hydra is not the only bug present at this location. I don’t know if you noticed it or not, but there is another bug which stops the effects of explosions or attacks that cover wide area mid way. That area is improperly designed for collisions. As you must have noticed, this area consists of pipes and small wall blocks connecting the pipe. If you use an explosive weapon on the enemy hiding this small wall, the explosion doesn’t affect the enemy. In other cases, this doesn’t happen. I didn’t notice this in any other area except for left bridge of FireBase Hydra. Also, as you said that once a vanguard had randomly spawned as your character in that area. Did you try using charge in this area? The vanguard cannot use their charge power, it is neither disabled but you also can’t use it. Another bug that I had experienced is that the collision limit of a solid object like wall was set to large distance. I mean if you try to stick to any wall, the player won’t properly be able to doo it. There will be distance between characters body and the wall but still the character will act as if he has been sticking to the wall. I think that there is some bug or error in the collision detection function of the wall. Also while taking cover, the powers worked normally. But at some angle the bullets seemed to be blocked by collision detectors of the prop. Even though it looked like I am shooting, the bullets won’t even damage the enemies. This would happen only at certain angles.

re: Class changing bug at FireBase Hydra in Mass Effect 3

I have noticed that you cannot place the SE Decoy in open areas at many places in the game. Mostly it happens in closed rooms or passages. If I try to place the SE decoy in middle part, then the character will automatically place it to close corners of the wall. This happens most of the times in metal grated areas. Also at the extraction zone, I was unable to use the cloaking power of my Salarian Infiltrator. If this was not enough, the weapons using bullets would do zero damage. I am playing Mass Effect 3 in PC. This works fine when played in Xbox 360, but I think there is a bug in PC version. Had a tough time completing extraction zone mission, I had to fight enemies using melee weapons and powers. Many times the use of combat drones is also disabled. There are also some graphical glitches in many areas with turrets. While using turrets, at certain angle, the ground disappears and the enemies seem to be floating in air. I think that developers will realize the existence of these bugs soon. Hope they will release a patch for it as these bugs are sucking out the fun of gaming.