Thread: Tribes: Ascend Instant Speed Technique

Tribes: Ascend Instant Speed Technique

I also call this as the Slingshot Technique. I don’t know that how many people over here have found this but while I wish to cap as a jugger the some of the times I found a Grav Cycle and while I go closer to "slingshot" out of the cycle. At that time the speed is about 100+ through the full energy. I think that this is very useful and especially to the time when enemy set a huge defense and there is just one option left for you and that is to rush like a infiltrator as well as cloak in order to avoid them. I am very happy that they have implemented this with the game and it really boosted the game-play fun. I am posting this over here because I want to know that what other people think about this. If you have anything to comment on this then please let me know that. I will be thankful for all the replies for this.

Re: Tribes: Ascend Instant Speed Technique

In my case, I just capped the flag like an Infiltrator when I was walking through Jugger with MIRV a Doombringer and a Pth and they are were guarding through mines. Then I dropped one explosive on the ground and it cleared the flag. I looked to the flag and there was just 20 energy left for that then I dropped and a cloacked. After this I quickly uncloacked and took the flag earlier than the enemies take it. After doing this, I ran down to a nearby hill. Since I bought a Beowulf for my team, they completely blocked the flag as of the enemy and I capped the last flag. All these were done in the Drydock.

I am not able to understand that why does ctf always have to revolve around only one class (pathfinder) to actually win? I would like to see viable alternatives to pathfinder because there are many roles in the game that overlap already. I seriously hate all the pigeonholing, This is similar to the world of warcraft where no one wanted the shadow priest over the healing priest. According to me the strict roles should stay in rpg's where they belong. A free flying fps with so many different guns and arsenals should have more than just one grab the flag at 200+ pathfinder. I am very sure that players would love to have a capping role and not be a pathfinder. It will be really good if they can give us back the three basic classes and all the web combos which are available in tribes 2.

I really do not like all the whining pathfinders insisting that the speed is the just the way to cap. Thkis is not concerned with how fast you are going this is regarding survival of trip as of one flagstand toward other. Speed does not matter if you are flying in at 200+ past turrets, mines, HOF and snipers and you are not getting 10 feet away. You can take the Crossfire. The enemy is having a really great flag D as well as the pathfinder. These all are all getting ripped to shreds. I am able to take a Brute and on a back to front cap route, blast through a lot of that and get that flag at least partway across the map. If I can grab devoid of taking too much damage, I will be able to disc jump halfway across and have capped as quick as 11 seconds.

If you feel that all the things in your team is terrible then it will be better for you to stop touching the flag and then do something which is as simple as standing midfield spamming discs at the stand. If you do that then you team will crush the opponent with the assumption that you are having an actual capper. There are some of the users who are posing some stupid things on some of the other sites. If the actual capper is building 10 feet then the llama is not going anywhere. I am able to stop 90% of all llama grabs by myself and with the help of one more person, I can be close to 100%. I don’t think that they are helping their team. They are not very useful when they are not playing D themselves.