Thread: How to prevent cheating in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?

How to prevent cheating in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?

i think Bioware knows that cheating is happening in the multiplayer scenario of Mass Effect 3. It supposed to be the valuable addition for all the gamers and there would be lots of playing this particular scenario. But I don’t whether the developer of the game are taking some strict action against of cheater. If you have noticed any cheating which is affecting the gameplay then let me know about the same. I am looking to forward to removal of all cheating from the game so that honest fan can enjoy the gameplay.

Re: How to prevent cheating in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?

Well according to me there would be only one type of cheating can happen in the game. that is Idlers standing around of the people who are gaining XP/Credits and they earning nothing. Apart from that there is nothing which can harm the players of multiplayer mode. I would get anger if any player is using some illegal console mod in order to get the edge,. However we are not having PVP and never it would implemented. Even the developer of the game has made any announcement about the same as well.

The thing which you have stated over here seems to be contradictory. You wanted to say that cheating will not be harmful any of the gamers as we are not having co-op game mode. however it harms the gamers in terms of competitive focus. Cheating in both the kind of the gameplay can worse the gaming experience. So far I have noticed only cheating that modifies the Avenger so that player can do massive damage. He was simply moving down the atlas mechs into half clip at silver difficulty and there were no reload immediately. That particular person was making use of quarian infiltrator and I noticed that before the starting of the match I was looking for the weapon which would compliment team of mine. I was not having any issue with that particular person as it was bit funny to see whatever was happening in the game.

Into the demo version of the game I noticed that every single player were shooting with silver even having the wimpy weapons. This particular thing ruined for me. so I don’t agree with you that cheating cannot make negative impact in the game. you wont have any issue if someone is earning billion credits in a single match. I recommend that you should simply leave the match where cheating is happening. If you are thinking that multiplayer in the game is going to stack up such as COD or BF3. People are bored of fighting bots and multiplayer mode of the game is going to die if they are not able to prevent cheating. Though multiplayer mode of the game is not connected with the single player. Its true that playing with bots is now old thing.

Well I was observing some of the people who were on the top of the Leaderboards. I let you know that I managed to get the ratings of 197. Yesterday I noticed there was a guy who was at 260 from the Polish Leaderboards. I am sure that it happened because of cheating since I was observing his progress in the game constantly. Someone in the game newly appeared at the top with the whopping N7 Rating around of 1100. Until and unless he has spent 500$ in order to purchase the packs and so there is no point that he has not done any cheating. Make sure that you will need 500k xp to complete every single level from three out of the four. once you have done you will be able to get highest XP in Spectre pack. if i am not wrong it supposed to be +100k xp. also you can managed to get +500 ratings as well particularly if you have spent money in the game.i have noticed that players used to play gold matched with the 20lvl characters.

As the developer of the game is saying all the time you will not require multiplayer to do with single player. You might not play the multiplayer mode of the game but still you will be able to complete the single player mode of the game. they have done very less issues with the credits which are used to unlock the stuff in the multiplayer mode of the game. cheating in the game would be sensible if the game is having currency which you can use to unlock all the things. All the RPG created in the past was having an issue associated with cheating. I don’t mind if people are killing the monsters to get XP so that they can purchase weapons or equipments. I am suspecting that PVP will not be important. The gameplay should be balanced and enjoyable should be more important thing to do. if they are going to try balance the mechanics in the PvP scenario then it would be most difficult for the developer of the game in my opinion. There is highly need of implementing Anticheat at least it could be easy for the people through Origin. However the thing anticheat would take lots of resources and it needs to updated at the regular period of the time.

It does not mean that there is no competition in the game if they have not provided PvP mode in the game. there are people who are interested to play the game against of their friends and other players to test their skills. If there are large number of gamers are cheating in the game then it would spoil the experience of the gamers who are playing honestly. I think there would be lots of fun while playing 4v4 game. you should hit by warp and simply get the hit by throw. However as per current situation of HP/Shields there is less chance that 4v4 would work. In simple term this particular game seems to be best , complex and comprehensible combat system.

Well I am wondering that Anticheat supposed to be decoupling the single player. There are lots of things to do apart from that. So far I am not having any challenges for multiplayer assessment apart from pvp and anticheat. I don’t think so there is need of having fully featured anticheat system same as that of PB or VAC. In order to avoid the cheating in the game usage of coalesced.ini should be prohibited. It will definetly help you to avoid general cheating in the game. also double check the game settings on the host it should not be modified. There should be version check on the clients to see that it is having same checksum and other values such as matching the join and credit/xp distribution at the end of the game. I don’t think so it would be difficult to do as people who are playing multiplayer mode having connection and they are able to handle the transmission of a hash and checksum verification. Checking of coalesced.in at host side. If there is detailed checking then it would increase the traffic in huge amount. So there is need of relatively simple design to find out the cheaters. Apart from that there is need of mic muting and text chat which are used to improved the basic gameplay.

They should define what is cheating and what is not and after that they should make changes. Multiplayer value should be hard coded rather than it can be easily access by the config file or simply hosting that values on the serve only. After that warn the players that they should use the default values or get ready for the consequences. In my opinion there is need of rethinking about the multiplayer aspect. The players should not loose the access to the games just because of misunderstandsing. The best solution which I can tell you is that you should host all the sever settings on cloud for the online gaming. . Private games should get the values from the config file stored on the host. Level gained in the game should not be contributed on the leaderboard until and unless it is meeting the md5 checksum verification. By doing this people would going to get the best value and if someone is doing changes with the config file then it wont get any unfair benefit on leaderboard position. I hope the developer of the game would improve the above mentioned thing.

Normally cheating has been done in the game by editing oalesced.bin file. Its an advanced editors which allows you to edit all the aspect of the game. all the version of the game is having same kind of file. The online copy of the bin file which would dictate the game rules for every single player who is playing the multiplayer scenario. If it has been done most of the cheating can be prevents successfully. Currently every players are having rule books on their computers and they can rewrite whenever needed so that they change the game as per their need.