Thread: Need to purchase Gettysburg: Armored Warfare without Steam Spyware

Need to purchase Gettysburg: Armored Warfare without Steam Spyware

as the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to ask you over here. I really wanted to play and purchase Gettysburg: Armored Warfare. But I wanted to purchase the same without involving Steam Spyware . is it possible? Let me know if you are having any useful comments on the same.

Re: Need to purchase Gettysburg: Armored Warfare without Steam Spyware

Well I really love the people who are steam haters. It is simply same as anti-religious stuff are being posted on the church forums as they are blinded by ignorance. As far as I know you will be able tp purchase the game through the Gamers Gate however I am not having any idea apart from that. Gettysburg: Armored Warfare is having steam achievements so it is really simple to conclude that it is steam works game and must require steam to play.

I don’t agree with the thing which you mentioned regarding Steam. If any game is having Steam Achievements or Cloud saves then it does not mean that particular game would be Steamworks. In case it is using Steamworks then it would be for Matchmaking or Anti-Cheat then there will be need of using Steam definitely. So I think there is no need of whining about Steam would change the fact that this particular game need to work properly. Personally I am disappointed as people are not supposed to purchase the game as Steam is required.

Well I can understand people really don’t like steam. However acting as Ubisoft DRM Is trying to blowing out from the proportion. I know that it is kind of DRM that simply helps there are hundreds of people to become a successful developers and saving money of lots of people on the game in every single year. It also makes you to spend more in the game and also allow you to connect with the friend of yours through the game. all the above mentioned things are available for free. The game of yours is connected with the account which you have to signed in the online mode. The offline mode provided in Steam seems to be frustrating. Another thing which I wanted to tell you that same as many Paradox Games did not required Steam so once you have completed with the downloading of the game you should simply move all the game files and launch the game by double clicking on .exe file without making use of Steam.

In this particular situation I wanted to tell you that I am using matchmaking servers. It is necessary to use Steam for distribution of mod, to easily update the game. the distribution network or servers are use to do the actual deployment of the game and there should be support for the cloud servers where you can have gamesaves, custom armies. Also the things such as achievements and stat tracking totally two different things. I could not believe why someone can say Steam spyware or malware. According to me it is really useful.

The Steam is not a spyware at all. well I have found that it was Steamworks as it can be known by Steam ID. When I am trying to connecting with servers it was saying ‘Steam authorized blah blah blah’. The debug console really funny according to me.