Thread: Anyone convinced and bought Gettysburg: Armored Warfare

Anyone convinced and bought Gettysburg: Armored Warfare

I am looking to buy this game , heard lot about this game and but the looks in the trailer the graphic seems to be awesome but I am not sure that I will be buying this game without anyone here review it . is there anyone here had already bought this game can tell me something about this game. I will be really appreciate this afford . I saw the contained responses is very good .

Re: Anyone convinced and bought Gettysburg: Armored Warfare

Gettysburg: Armored Warfare is a free to play online real-time strategy / First Person Shooter hybrid players putting in the center of an alternative version of the American Civil War. The characteristic progression of persistent army game allowing players to customize their army according to your taste and style of play . It's as fun as the finished pissing (sounds like a beta, it is far from over), 3D models are excellent but catastrophic events, it's filled with lag, there is ballistic, does not look super smart or complex, but it is particularly fendard. The atmosphere is not bad at all, burst up from everywhere, you see the bullets that leave trails in all directions, or bounce off the ground.

Default (in death match), the infantry is managed by the CPU at any time you can take control of a free unit (vehicle or guy) by double clicking it, everyone plays differently, the tank has a big gun that task with a beautiful area of effect, but slowly pulls. The CPA has a minigun particularly formidable, Zeppelin made shots lined bell particularly powerful but imprecise and difficult to place. The infantry also different units: the basic infantry of 1860, with his gun-shot, the infantry from 2060 with an SMG, one with a minimum, and even soldiers and anti tank sniper (not tested them yet) . Army Skirmish mode consists of the composition of his army through various squads of cost (like a board game), once you spawn squads directed to how an RTS could not be more classic, and one can always spawn on any of them to take control, the goal remains the same (capture point and ticket system).

This is the Battlefield / Battlezone (without base) led two armies clash by the CPU (in some ways the players can give orders like a RTS) to control points. At any time a player (it's 32vs32) can take control of a unit. There's infantry, horses, zeppelins, boats, tanks, artillery, ...It is generally lousy. Ok corrèques models are, but the animations are outrageous and textures are a little moldy. There's no explosions. It's not over. There's crashes, inaccuracies, lag, we feel that lack of stuff. Apparently this is the job of a single developer. I guess Paradox decided to release it half done to capitalize on the success of Swords of the Stars 2. It's funny. The sensations of fire do not exist, most weapons are hard to understand, is unclear on what it takes, but it's funny. This is pure enough, a kind of Doom (or DN3D), without body awareness, recoilless weapons, projectiles and just pixels. You win the overall xp, I do not know what for.

Is that worth the price? At 3 pounds less I would have thought it was funny, but whether the author has to finish it one day, £ 8 I think it's a bad move to buy it.

Not too agree with that, the weapons are not super accurate (sensitivity and not setting a bad adjustment), but ... not understandable? I see no ... and back, there are damn about infantry weapons. (And if not, the fight between zeppelin are excellent ) Wish otherwise, the game should be moddable quickly (I do not see much use since it is not finished), when you spawn in infantry, to the base can choose from a whole bunch of weapons, it will the assault rifle to smg, via medikit, or RPG. The dev said he soon will activate the extra slot, it promises a lot of funky combinations. When the price / quality ratio, hard to say. € 10 for a game in such a state that is really debatable. Not dishonest from the dev, since the potential is there (I broke almost 3 hours without lifting) and the game is already very fun despite finishing catastrophic ... but if the monitor does not keep pace or not making big progress, the game may have a particularly low life. That said, given how the game (especially with Army Skirmish mode), even some players it's not bad at all, so not too many fears on that side if the population is struggling to start or increase slowly. In short, if it does not scare you to wipe the boards, take it now. Otherwise, wait a few weeks seems to me wiser. I took a big batch of screens on steam, tomorrow I do a little sorting and all that I exhibited here.

According to the video that i saw online, Paradox should have given him a hand spinning / expect the game to be finished before the release.

And I feel a bit like Captain_Cowkill, I calmed down on "wicked nice indie vs. major studio," albeit for other reasons (DLC excessive in some indie games, among others)

By the way First patch, it has been busy, it corrects a lot of boring stuff (well the sensitivity adjustment and control!), And change two or three little things, not bad after not even two weeks. If I got it he wants to release a patch every week.

To see if he will be able to tackle heavier files (the netcode deserves a bit of polish I think).