Thread: Damage type of Flamethrower in Shoot Many Robots

Damage type of Flamethrower in Shoot Many Robots

I am currently playing Shoot Many Robots and I am in a robot factory. I found a flamethrower in this level and I am using it. One thing about the flamethrower that I cannot understand is its damage type. For bullets and explosives, I can see the enemies recoiling back and their health reducing. How does one know if the flamethrower is making any damage or not?

Re: Damage type of Flamethrower in Shoot Many Robots

Flamethrower does not use bullets or explosives so categorizing it in any class will be wrong. It actually fits into damage type of all kinds. As Flamethrower provides 1440% damage most of the enemies fail to survive its initial strike. It is so strong that as soon as enemy enters the area in which the flames are present, they get burned and are killed. So, one cannot see their reactions and their heath being reduced. Flamethrower is useful in killing almost all types of enemies in this game.

There is no upgrade of specific kind available for the flamethrower. The only upgrade that is available is to increase its overall damage. So, another reason why it cannot be categorized. Considering the strength of Flamethrower, it is rarely found in the game. The default damage of the Flamethrower is so high that it actually doesn’t need any upgrade. After upgrading the flamethrower, it becomes more powerful and thus more devastating.

At the levels where the flamethrower is found, the weapons which has bullets and explosives get upgrades for dual attack or heavy attack. These attacks have their damage value ranging around 1440%. This must be done to balance the damage of the players in this game.

Speaking about the balancing of damaging power of the weapon when one player finds a flamethrower, it is done so that to avoid one player from gaining all the experience points resulting in upgrades for only one player. From my experience, if you hold a flamethrower with combination of appropriate upgrades, I don’t think any minion will be able to touch your player. To avoid the one sided increase in level, as soon as one player finds a flame thrower, other players in the game find upgrades for their weapons which increase their damaging power at same rate that of the flamethrower.

I prefer using freeze guns instead of flamethrower; they damage the enemies with the same damage value. But these guns prove to be more useful when fighting the boss. They also slow down the movements of the bigger enemies.

I think that the princess wings is the best upgrade to use along with the flamethrower. When I got my character to wear these wings and then hold the flamethrower. The damage value was raised to 2500 to 2600 of enemy’s health. The SRM pack adds around 500 damage values to any weapon, adding this increased my damage value to 3000. So I think that this combination is best when it comes to use a flamethrower. Except for bosses, other enemies can’t survive such an attack. Both weapon with bullets and explosives can reach such levels.

Freeze guns can be useful when fighting along with other players who have explosives and guns with bullets. When the bigger enemies are frozen, they become slow and more vulnerable to bullets and explosives.

I too prefer Freeze guns over flamethrowers, they are found more than flamethrower. Also flamethrowers have lesser ammunition than freeze guns. So flamethrower is not useful most of the times. The game is designed so that whenever you find a flamethrower the enemies won’t appear in hordes. Using it on single enemy unit is not useful. They can be destroyed just by using simple guns. But freeze guns are found mostly when the enemies appear in hordes. More upgrades are available for freeze gun then flamethrower, so it can be upgraded according to the types of enemies that will be attacking us.

Attacks done by flamethrower do not create any explosions or impact of any kind by itself. The napalm used in flamethrower sticks to the body of the target. When a bullet is used or an explosive weapon is used, it creates an impact on the target. This impact causes the enemy to be pushed back or be knocked down. If you touch the flames to the red barrels or other explosive objects then it causes explosions causing enemies to move from their place due to impact.

If you wear a Pink Hair Pick hat while using the flamethrower, then it will increase the damage of it by 763%. This becomes one of the deadliest weapons to use in this game. Such a lethal combination provides such an attack that even the bosses can’t survive it. The small robots easily get killed in this attack. This combination of weapon is very useful when attacking the enemies that are moving in hordes. Also the critical damage value rises up to 2507 points in this combination. I too agree that flamethrower lacks upgrades, but since it is so powerful without upgrades and becomes powerful when combined with proper clothes, I don’t think any other weapon can match its strength and any robot can survive its attacks.