Thread: Blacklight: Retribution Crash on NVidia System

Blacklight: Retribution Crash on NVidia System

Hello, I am using NVidia card and I have installed the Blacklight: Retribution game without any issue but while playing this game I am facing crashing issue randomly. Due to this I am not able to play this game at all. I have also contacted the game support but they have not replied yet. So if anyone know a way to fix this problem then please let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Blacklight: Retribution Crash on NVidia System

I think that Nvidia has released a new driver on March 14th to solve the Blacklight: Retribution crashing issue and if you install this driver your game will perform quite well without any trouble. You should go to the official website of NVidia and then download and install the latest version of driver on your system.

I think you should be happy because NVidia support solved this issue, NVidia released to new driver on March 14th to solve the Blacklight: Retribution crashing issue and if you install this driver your game will perform very well without any issue. So I think you should go to the official site of NVidia and then installed latest version of driver on your system.
    I disagree with the above post because I have installed the new driver on my system but nothing is improved in game performance although crashing issue solved. I have noticed that performance will improve with SLI or 2 cards and the overall performance with single card will not matter, so that means except SLI I don’t think this driver will make any difference on game.

You can try to follow some troubleshooting method to solve this problem. First locate the exe file and then right click on it and choose Run as Administrator. If this doesn’t help you then click game exe file and after that select properties. Now on the properties go to the compatibility tab and after that click on the run this program on compatibility mode with Windows XP’ checkbox and after that select the appropriate option from drop box. Now once you have done this just save the setting.

Just simply change the Prefentry SystemSpecs.Supporteddxversion 0 to Prefentry SystemSpecs.Supporteddxversion 9.12.0589, to solve the crashing issue. To change this code you should go to the Blacklight Retribution OB\localdata\GamePrefs.pref location and here change the code as given above in GamePrefs.pref file. Once you have done that then run the game from Blacklight Retribution\Live\Binaries\Win32 folder (click on BLR.exe available in win 32 folder), that’s it you’re done.

Hello I have tried all the steps give above but nothing helped me so far, even I have tried to uninstall the game and reinstalled it but nothing is working for me. Is there any other solution for this problem? Thanks

Try to click on Start and after that click on control panel. Now on control panel go to the System > Advanced > Performance. Now on Performance click on the Data Execution Prevention. Afetr that click on Turn on DEP for all programs and services and then click on add button and then navigate to C:\Program Files\Steam (or your default Steam directory), and add Steam.exe to the exception list. Now same way add the game path and then save the settings.