Thread: Not able to delete Blacklight: Retribution installer after installation

Not able to delete Blacklight: Retribution installer after installation

I have installed Blacklight: Retribution recently and I am not having any such issues with the game but then I am not able to delete the Blacklight: Retribution installer, when I am right clicking on the same and trying to delete it then it is freezing the windows, I have tried moving it to the recycle bin but then it appears as if it is getting stuck in calculating the time for deleting it, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: Not able to delete Blacklight: Retribution installer after installation

I have installed Blacklight: Retribution recently and I am not having any such issues with the game but then I am not able to delete the Blacklight: Retribution installer, when I am right clicking on the same and trying to delete it then it is freezing the windows, I have tried moving it to the recycle bin but then it appears as if it is getting stuck in calculating the time for deleting it, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    I don’t know what why are you having such issues, I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the Blacklight: Retribution installer as I had just followed the below simple steps for deleting the installer:
    Ctrl + A
    Shift + Del

I am aware of the same and I have tried following it several time but then as I have already mentioned that it just appears to be getting stuck at Preparing to delete, I have tried finding out the same to see if there is anyone else who have faced the same issue but then it appears that the issue is just in my case. Is there anything else that I can try out??? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Even I don’t think that there should be any issues in deleting the installer file of any game, I have not yet faced the same by now. As far as a workaround is concerned you can try to uninstall the game and then delete all the files and the folders related to the game and then reinstall the game and after that try deleting the installer and see if you are able to delete it or not.

Before trying out the above solution I will suggest you to just try out rebooting the system and then try out deleting the installer and see if you are able to do so, if that does not help then you might be having a corrupt download and to get rid of the same you will have to try uninstalling the game as it has been mentioned by the above user but then for this task you should better use CCleaner. If you are not aware of the same then I will like to inform you that it is a free program which helps in uninstalling and removing the leftover registry values of any programs, application and games, so just try it out and then post back the result that you get.