Thread: Hit detection in Blacklight: Retribution

Hit detection in Blacklight: Retribution

Hit detection that is provided in Blacklight: Retribution looks so awkward. It makes me feel like a newbie to first person shooter. I have played enough games to know when I hit enemy and when not. I think that the developers must remove the hit detector from the UI. What do the other gamers think about this feature?

Re: Hit detection in Blacklight: Retribution

Yes I too get a feeling that the developers think that we are new to first person shooter games. I have played so many games that I now feel irritated if I see the hit detector. It actually distracts me from the main target. If I start using the hit detector, I think that I will get a bad habit to use it regularly. So while playing tough games like Counter Strike I won’t e able to know if I have actually hit enemy or not. If developers are so interested in having hit detection technique in game, the can increase the animation of being hit so that the attacker know from opponents movements that he has been hit.

Without the Hit detection, the game will become another Call of Duty like game. Gamers will use the spray technique to kill enemy. This will lead to use of more bullets. In Call of Duty, most of the players buy guns with most bullets and start spraying in the direction of opponent. They depend more on luck than skills. I think that developers must provide an option to disable and enable the hit detection technique.

If option for toggling hit detection is provided than it might give an partial advantage to gamers who have it enabled. They will hit only when the opponent is being hit rather than shooting opponents as soon as he is seen. If an opponent is far away where ones bullet won’t reach then, players using hit detection won’t attack as they know they won’t be able to hit the enemy. This will save their bullets. While players who have disabled this function won’t know if distance is right to shoot or not, they will spend bullets which won’t hit the target. This will require them to spend bullets even when no needed. This is the unjust advantage I am talking about.

I think that hit detection function should be available for players who are new and have low level. It will help them get acquainted to the game. As their level increase this function should automatically disabled. Till he reaches this level where the hit detection will be disabled, he will be well acquainted and can hit accurately without any hit detector.