Thread: Blacklight: Retribution has inconsistent FPS on DirectX 11 in a high end PC

Blacklight: Retribution has inconsistent FPS on DirectX 11 in a high end PC

I am playing Blacklight: Retribution for past 2 hours and I noticed that it has a very inconsistent framerate. The framerate that I am getting on my system is ranging in between 25 to 100 fps. The inconsistency is so much noticeable that I can actually feel the lags that are occurring in my system. I am playing the game on graphic card that supports DirectX 11 and the resolution is set to 1600 X 1200. I have previously played many games developed on Unreal Engine 3 and none of them faced this issue. Does anyone else feel that framerate of this game is bad?

Re: Blacklight: Retribution has inconsistent FPS on DirectX 11 in a high end PC

Yes I too am playing this game on DirectX 11 compatible graphic card and I am running this game in DirectX 11 mode. I too am getting the inconsistent framerate which is causing game to lag in many parts. I switched the game to its DirectX 9 version but still it didn’t solve much of the problem. My friend suggested me to lay the game on low resolution and reducing some details of the graphics, but I don’t want to compromise the quality of graphics of such a good game.

I think that I have found the problem that is causing this inconsistency in the framerate of this game. I disabled the Dynamic light in the games options and also the Depth of field has been reduced. Now the framerate is somewhat consistent than the previous condition it was in. The disabling and reduction of some attributes of graphics has reduced the quality a bit but it is not noticeable once you get habituated to it. I find that the lighting effect when light flashed on the walls when an explosion took place missing from the scene. Other graphics of the game are as usual without any difference.

I was getting this problem too, so I disabled the motion blur effect from the game. This has considerably made the framerate consistent. To be precise, the blur effect was never needed in this game. When running, the blur used to stop me from seeing the environment in detail. I used o miss the weapons and sometimes also enemies. Without the blur effect, the game’s performance has improved as well as my game techniques too. To generate blur effect, graphic card has to put n more efforts to blur the objects. This leads to inconsistent framerate.

Have you people tried updating the drivers of your graphic card? This may also be a reason for the inconsistent framerate that you are experiencing.

Problem of inconsistent framerate is mostly seen in graphic cards which are used for giving display to multiple monitors. You must be using the multiple graphic cards on SLI mode. In SLI mode where you use multiple graphic cards, many times the framerate of one graphic card doesn’t match with framerate of other graphic card. This condition is called micro-stuttering. In micro-stuttering the two graphic cards try to average out the difference between the framerate. Due to this you find the inconsistency in framerate of your graphic card.

I found a temporary solution to this problem; I installed the Dxtory codec and set the default quality settings to medium. Dxtory is screen capture software, so it continuously keeps working in background. This background activity actually stabilizes the framerate of your display which helps the game to maintain is framerate too.