Thread: Blacklight: Retribution freezes in middle of game

Blacklight: Retribution freezes in middle of game

Hello friends, whenever I am playing this game then it gets freezes, it does happen when I am middle of something. When it gets freeze that time I am not able to do anything and also not able to close game, such that it freezes whole system. I have tried plenty of method to make it happen but not a single have happened and due to which I am able to close game, so I have to restart computer. During this process I am losing all my scores which I have earned it and also stuff which I gained due to clearing each level in game. I have tried method to run it as admin and also in compatible mode Windows XP then also getting same problem. So please tell me that what I should do with it. Thank you.

re: Blacklight: Retribution freezes in middle of game

I have also heard that people are complaining about this game and finding it to be very much mystery. I think that it might be due to driver problem or might be related to game also. But seriously telling you that I have not played this game for long time till the time I have again installed Windows 7, as I was having 32-bit and now added 64-bit. We finding out the solution for this problem and will let you know about it.

Well that is been problem due to Vsync is been introduced with synchronization and due to which it is making GPU to hold on, a logical result is that it does not less and thus is less hot than usual. But that intermezzo aside, there might be plenty of problem which is been causing due to it, such that any hardware malfunctioning, Operating System driver conflicts / incompatibilities, power supply issues, it’s usually a guessing game.

If then also you are not able to get problem solve then I would suggest that you better do following things,
    • First you create a Logs directory. For that you go to <InstallDir>\Blacklight Retribution\Live\FoxGame\ and over there you create a folder called Logs
    • When you have done it then reproduce the crash however you are able to, which might create file inside that directory which will be names as unreal-v8788-2012.03.14.13.05.54.dmp or it might be something similar, let me tell you that last part is timestamp.
    • When you done it then zip up that file, your dxdiag, and the PCConsole-FoxEnginie.ini file from \FoxGame\Config\PCConsole\Cooked\
    • To create your dxdiag file, for that you go to Start then in that go to Run and type "dxdiag". When you will do this then it will pop up a dialog box. Then you hit "Save All Information" and save that file to a place where you can easily get it.
    • After that you send that file to BLRcrashreport@zombie.com, along with as much detail as you can provide on how to reproduce the issue.

Re: Blacklight: Retribution freezes in middle of game

Well, since I had 32bit Win7 before this, and I could game on 32bit fine, but as soon as I turned to 64bit, this happened. Since I completely reformatted the partition, none of the software was actually installed, though all games I have are on a separate partition so those did survive. Which also makes me believe it is not a hardware problem.