Thread: Blacklight: Retribution Black environment

Blacklight: Retribution Black environment

I have seen that there are many of the places in the game where the surrounding is completely dark/black but when I shoot then I cans see them because of the muzzle flash. For this, I believe that it has something to do with the lighting. What do you think about this?

Re: Blacklight: Retribution Black environment

I am not very sure about this but I think that you will have to update your drivers on the gfx card that you are using. There is possibility that it will solve the problem for you. This is the only thing that I can recommend you and hope that it will solve the problem for you.

What you can do is, just try by turning off all of the graphical setting for the games and check if this solves the problem for you. If that solves the problem then you can try by enabling the things one by one and see what change it makes with the game. If this is the problem with the game settings then there is no other better way to get the reason for this issue. Please reply back if this does not help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Parker View Post
    What you can do is, just try by turning off all of the graphical setting for the games and check if this solves the problem for you. If that solves the problem then you can try by enabling the things one by one and see what change it makes with the game. If this is the problem with the game settings then there is no other better way to get the reason for this issue. Please reply back if this does not help you.
    Thank you so much for the reply. I have tried by keeping all the settings to the lowest and then also it is the same. Also I have all the drivers updated and so it cannot be related with the driver.

I think that you are playing with the low brightness in the game. So just go to the options from there change the brightness. Make it a bit higher and see if that makes any difference in the game environment.

I would like to tell you that the Depth of field as well as ambient occlusion makes the things darker because they are having higher contrast with them on methinks. So it will be better to leaving the lighting effects off. I am telling you because they make it more difficult to see.

Other than this, you can also try to turn off the elighting stuff and also turn off the shadow stuff. If this does not work then, you can also try by starting the game with the safemode. Just right click on the game shortcut and from there you will see this option in the last of the popup menu.

I think that you guys are getting me wrong. I am not talking about the brightness or gamma or shadow. I just see all the things totally black until I shoot. To see the things properly I have to turn on the dynamic lighting while firing.

I think that you are now left with just one option and that is to reinstall the game. If none of the solutions helps you then something in the game is corrupted and reinstallation of the game is the only solution for this as far as I know.