Thread: When Battlefield 3 will be available on Steam

When Battlefield 3 will be available on Steam

Does anyone knows when Battlefield 3 is going to come on Steam. I am waiting for this for a long time but there is no news or information available for the same. I had found on some site that Steam might drop battlefield 3 on its server this time. What is the reason behind the same. Thanks.

Re: When Battlefield 3 will be available on Steam

It is right. Even I had gone through some articles which says that this game might not come on Steam. The reason can be between EA's and Valves policies. The game is out a long time before and till yet there is no information on the same on steam and I am searching it for more than a month. I am also trying to find the exact reason why Steam is not going to provide battlefield 3. There can be some technical issues or policy matters between this two companies which is not going to reach on mutual consideration.

It is right. This game is not going to come on steam but available on many sites for download and purchase. The reason is valves policies which EA does don't agree at all. What are those I do not exactly. But I had seen some articles which says that Valve is permitting some of EA's content for the game. This result in absence of Battlefield on Steam. Till yet there did not decide to join hands. One of the point might be the origin or game is on EA and there you can find every stuff related to the game. Which might not appear properly on steam. But loosing steam platform can be a kind of loss for EA as they already missed a large crowd of gamers who are on steam. It does not means that we cannot play multiplayer games.

Valve did not agree on certain polices of EA where it did not permitted EA to provide support or patches or dlc to the gamers. That is the reason why it is not on steam. Steam offers a very big platform to reach gamers around the world. While EA wants additional support for users along with game purchase which is restricted.

EA said that are happier to work with those who does not restricted access to customers by providing them tech support, or extra content. Also there might be other issues which are not disclosed entirely to the public. EA just said that due to restriction in terms and services this game might not be available on steam. What actually happens is EA want to provide patches or extra content via game. While valve wants that those should be delivered from their servers. So under such circumstances and differences among both the game might not game on steam list.

Basically it is the manufacturers choice where he wants his product to. So EA is right here. This looks that if this difference stays the game might never ever appear on steam.