Thread: What are the changes in performance as per GPUs used in Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai

What are the changes in performance as per GPUs used in Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai

Hello friends, does anyone have notice what are the changes are been seen in performance as per GPUs used in game, I am trying to find out, but not getting exact thing which I am looking at it. So anyone among you have done and got some result then do tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: What are the changes in performance as per GPUs used in Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai

Well I have done it and doing lot of Direct X 11 benchmarking, got the following performance impact in game:
    Particularly with shadows its value to lower the quality, the big performance gain comes with 'medium' shadows, instead of un-checking 'soft shadows' In My Humble Opinion since it will give better performance and a better look.

Re: What are the changes in performance as per GPUs used in Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai

Let me tell you that performance impact may differ with card model/generation and driver version. The CPU can score 29.7 fps in Shogun 2 CPU benchmark. Whereas ATI cards appear to have a great deal to get minor drop in performance in consider of shadow feature whereas medium to high only about 10% instead of 25% for Nvidia cards. The latest Nvidia 275.27 drivers , it’s beta was released with new GTX560 card and it will give a 5-10% additional performance and depending on settings and CPU speed as balance to 270.61 on a 560ti@1020Mhz on 1680x1050 resolution, 2500k@4.4Ghz, Windows 7 64-bit.

If you are going through above user method then I would suggest that you better do preferred settings which I have done it and it will be best. Let me tell you that I manually set the VRAM to 1.5 GB so that I can keep away from any downgrading. I have not gone through any troubles till now other than that it can guide to sever slowdowns, such that during texture swapping and unsteadiness in some situations/configurations.

When I have 30fps with no AA settings and I will prefer 4xMSAA, I will have 15fps and it doesn't matter if this is correct or not, that not my focus. In the event that I hold no AA with 30fps and pick MLAA I will have 24fps. In any case In the event that I have MLAA and I will prefer 4xMSAA I will have 18fps or 22.5fps-depends which number did you take as base number. So essentially, consistent with your estimations, depending on if I need more fps with 4xMSAA I ought to decide on MLAA first and afterward overhaul to 4xMSAA. It is possible that or your legitimacy is too interesting for me.

What did you individuals run to get those qualities? Just campaign map, simply a combat map? A drop of 33% for 4xAA is not so unfavorable and 50% for 8 x. I feared it could be worse but those qualities are around the ordinary for amusements. MLAA however looks "blurry" contrasted with no AA or MSAA-IMO not worth utilizing. Side note on the VRAM regulation of yours: Just have a 1GB card and 1012 MB VRAM utilized for the event is for all intents and purpose 100%-the rest is the regular "overhead" required for portion tables and whatnot. So on ultra settings you probable at present have a VRAM "top" in place, without a doubt at present initiating FPS drops-or the recreation may computerized change down.

The built-in benchmark which is there is unfortunately does not incorporate with any battles. While my recreation settings score 37fps in the benchmark, around the same time as a quit for the day a great combat with dead figures, the fps heads off down to about 20fps. In the battle guide, I have in the middle of 30-45fps. I began the entire benchmarking practice being as how I would be unable to empower 4xMSAA with great framerate. Until I have found that the shadow portion prices so far appearance. Now I am in addition utilizing 4xSSAA (constrained with Nvidia control board) which basically dispenses with all shining at the edges of items.

You are right; the actual VRAM usage is probably above the 1024MB on my graphics card. Although I never found any difference in the benchmark between high and ultra textures. I guess it was just slightly above and since the 275.27 drivers, it actually shows 991MB memory usage during the benchmark. Maybe there was some optimization. I edited the VRAM configuration, setting 1.5GB of VRAM to avoid any downgrading (I checked for the log file during the benchmarks as well). Since then I have maybe played 15 hours with ultra textures and never had any problem. Maybe because I have 8GB of RAM and a fast SSD so that any texture swapping is 'relatively' fast.