Thread: Steam client for webOS

Steam client for webOS

As far as I know that the webOS has very little marketshare and upcoming HP Open Source platform. There are several free apps and paid app maintained by HP/Palm. But now I would like to see a webOS native Steam Mobile client. I know that webos has many more advantages over the other mobile platforms. The main features in this regard are multitasking and the Synergy platform. So it is possible that I can run the steam Chat client background and get notifications. Is there any possibility?

Re: Steam client for webOS

I know that webOS is now open source but It doesn’t mean that it is a famous OS in the market place. It was first admired by a HP touchpad but the HP itself has stopped the production of Touchpad. Now it is only available on Palm. So I don’t believe that there are plenty of users with webOS. Furthermore I didn’t see any other device which support or included this OS. So due to these drawbacks I don’t think that Valve will look into to it.

WebOS is now open source: anyone can get their hands, make improvements and develop applications, but especially any manufacturer of smart phones and tablet now has an alternative to Android as the operating system.

After the acquisition of Palm, HP had decided to bet a lot of smartphone and WebOS tablet and then dramatically put a reverse gear few months after the launch of the first tablet, the HP TouchPad. Even after the decision announced today, HP said it will remain a key player in the development of the platform but did not have any current intention to implement new devices based on it.

WebOS also good is it, we must admit that Palm, with its poor start, sinking more and more with its operating system, and it would have really needed a miracle to turn things around. Maybe, because HP has already announced that WebOS survive the transaction and it was considering using it all the sauces, both for smartphones that for tablets and netbooks computers.

WebOS was launched last June with a partial application store without paying applications with an SDK and unfinished which complicated the lives of developers. And when all the pieces were in place, it was already pretty clear that webOS would not know the expected success. No developer, no applications, no success.

There is no official steam client from Valve for the webOS but it doesn’t mean that HP doesn’t have any solution for this. Look at this link. As an alternative solution, the HP has provided a different app for its palm user and that is Steam Friends Pro. This app will allow you to keep in touch with your Steam friends. This app quickly provides update of your friend’s status like in game, online, or offline. From the app you can view their profiles and more.