Thread: Skyrim is stuttering in fullscreen

Skyrim is stuttering in fullscreen

I have recently bought Skyrim as I have saw my friend playing it but then the problem that I am facing here is that the game is stuttering in full screen, I don’t know what is the issue all about, my system specification is as followed:
    • Win 7 64bit
    • 8GB RAM Corsair Vengeance
    • Intel i5 750 ~3.4ghz
    • ATI 6950 2GB

Re: Skyrim is stuttering in fullscreen

In that case I just wanted to know that what is the framerate when the game stutters, have you tried changing the game settings or updating the drivers??? If not then try out the same and see if the issue is getting solved or not, just try it out and then post back the result that you get.

I have checked out the framerate and it seems to be stable but then the game just stutters heavily indoors, it stutters outdoor as well but then no more than indoor, I have tried changing the setting in the game but then they did not helped, I am having the latest driver for the video card as well but then it is not making any difference, I am not able to track out the cause of this issue, the game is working fine in the windowed mode and runs smooth as well but then I want to play it in full screen mode is there any other solution that I can try out to run the game in full mode??? Any further help for this will be highly appreciated.

You can count me in as well for this issue, for now I have been playing the game in windowed mode as it is working smoothly there but then I don’t know what is the issue all about, I mean that why there are some people not able to play it in full screen mode even after having the required system components:
    • Videocard: HD6950 2GB Twin Frozr III
    • Processor: Intel i5 2500k
    • Mainboard: GA-Z68XP-UD3
    • Memory: F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO
    • Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1/Senns HD515
    • PSU: Corsair CX600 V2

I was facing the same issue and was getting irritated with the indoors and some outdoor stuttering but then now I have found the fix for them and now the game runs fine in full screen mode as well:
    • Indoors stuttering fix : MSI Afterburner limiter or Use Dxtory framelimiter
    • Outdoor stuttering fix: get the Lite version of Skyrim rather than Skyrim HD.

Just check it out and then let me know if they are helping.

I was having the same issue with the below specs but then turning on the vsync had solved out the issue, so just give it a try and see if it is making any difference in your case or not.
    • Videocard: Gigabyte GTX680 2GB
    • Processor: Intel i7 920 @ 3,8GHz
    • Mainboard: Gigabyte EX58 DS4
    • Memory: Corsair 12GB XMS 1088MHz
    • Soundcard: Asus Xonar DX
    • PSU: Corsair 850W HX

I will like to inform you all that I was having the same stuttering issue previously but then now I have solved out by applying a simple mod from nexus site you all can check it out, just go to the site and check out for stutter fix, you will just have to download it and then switch to windowed mode and then apply the same and then the game will run exactly like full screen. I know that it is a weird solution but then it is the best option that I have found for this issue, if anyone finds another workaround for this then please share it here, it will be highly appreciated.