Thread: Will there be any provision of adjusting difficulty in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel

Will there be any provision of adjusting difficulty in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel

I am playing the Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel for past 1 week and have reached till the mid levels of the game. Till this stage I have noticed that the game seems easy. One of my friends who have completed the game told me that she completed the game easily except for few boss fights where she died. I think that the developers must increase the difficulty of the game or provide an option in game which will allow the users to change the difficulty settings. The low difficulty level does not provide any challenge to the gamer. Does anyone else think the same?

Re: Will there be any provision of adjusting difficulty in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel

I think that the game is too easy. I completed the game without dying more than 5 times. If compared to other games of this genre, the game does not provide enough of challenge to the player. I would like the game to be more difficult because I couldn’t try each and every power and weapon properly. I mean, they provide such a large variety in weapons and powers and then they do not provide enough enemies to try them out. Also many times, I find the areas in the game very empty. The developers should fill the empty area with at least small enemies.

Re: Will there be any provision of adjusting difficulty in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel

I too felt that the game didn’t provide enough challenge to the gamer. In the beginning, it seems like the AI is overpowering the player. It seems fun in the beginning, but as the game progresses and the player gets enough power one can easily overpower the AI. So the fights seem to lose its excitement in later stages of the game. All the levels seem to be duplicate of each other. Also the enemies keep attacking in similar pattern. The developers should create a variation in attacking abilities of AI. Whenever I face an enemy, I already know what kind of attack is the enemy trying to do. This makes the game easier.

I find the pattern in which the enemies are placed annoying. In the initial stages, it is fine to be attacked by only one type of enemy. But as the game progresses, I think that the developers must try keeping enemies in different formations. Like a group of enemy should consist mixed amount of Scavs, Bogart Urchins and Root Golems. This will make the player try different attacks and powers. This will also add the challenge as the speed, damage, attacks and abilities of the enemy varies. If the player tries to attack a slower moving enemy then the faster moving will attack the player. This will definitely add the difficulty level to the game.

This game is meant for enjoyment of casual gamers along with hardcore gamers. Casual gamers often quit games if they find the difficulty level too high. For a casual gamer, a quick entertainment is needed and this game provides a quick entertainment rather than making the gamer think.

Talking about implementation of difficulty on the game, it is hard than it seems. Programming the game to change the difficulty level will add around 1 to 2 GB of space. Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning Legend of Dead Kel is an open world game in which enemy’s abilities and activities dynamically change. By dynamic, I mean that your decision of killing a unit of AI will lead to change in story which will affect the placement of enemies according to change in decision. If difficulty settings are provided to user, than one might change it in mid game. This will need the game to apply the change over the whole world. This will not only consume time and resources, but will also create lot of temporary data. This can be harmful for functioning of console.

I think that the developers have provided player with lot of development option which one can utilize to overpower the enemies. I think that the developers should develop a patch which will reduce the inventory storage. Due to this the player won’t be able to carry many items around in the world which will put a restriction on item usage. This will also make the player think about what item to carry and what item should be dropped or sold. For example, the player will have to be dependent on single type of strategy, that is, attacking, defensive, magic or so on. In current case, a player can attack or defend any time. If the inventory storage is restricted, then if player is playing in attacking style and the next enemy requires defensive gameplay, it will be a challenge for the player.

I agree, the main reason for the easy feeling we get while playing is because of abundant space in inventory. IU store a large number of health potion and use them during boss fight or difficult situations.

I don’t think that large inventory is just the problem for reducing difficulty of the game. In my opinion the side quests are the main reason of reduced difficulty. A person, who completes the side quests, ends up with collecting items and experiences enough to raise level more than that of AI. Also completing the side quests provides components and weapons that can be used to overpower AI. So I think that developers should try reducing the rewards that are acquired by playing side quests.