Thread: Campaign map of Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai suddenly turns into water

Campaign map of Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai suddenly turns into water

It has happened many a times while playing this game and hence I am reporting this issue with you all. Have you all got any fix for the same then do report that to me. Well seriously speaking many a times I have to stop the game and restart the game from the beginning and then it gets automatically fixed. I am sick and tired of doing this every number of times. So can you all suggest me some solutions for the same which will help me.

Looking forward for your suggestions on this.

Re: Campaign map of Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai suddenly turns into water

Quote Originally Posted by Prog^1 View Post
    It has happened many a times while playing this game and hence I am reporting this issue with you all. Have you all got any fix for the same then do report that to me. Well seriously speaking many a times I have to stop the game and restart the game from the beginning and then it gets automatically fixed. I am sick and tired of doing this every number of times. So can you all suggest me some solutions for the same which will help me.

Looking forward for your suggestions on this.
    Well the problems is traced only with the 32 bit users. For the solution I did try to do some research in the internet for the solutions and on doing some research I found out that we should have RAM more than 2GB in our system. 2GB ram is the minimum amount that is required. We should tell the operating system that it is free to use more than 2GB user address space, 2.5GB actually and while leaving 1.5Gb for the kernel. Also one more thing allows the Empire.exe file to use more than 2GB mark in the memory. That’s what it can be done. This is the only suggestion that I have for you all. Hope its fine with you all.

Re: Campaign map of Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai suddenly turns into water

Quote Originally Posted by 1kshana View Post
    Well the problems is traced only with the 32 bit users. For the solution I did try to do some research in the internet for the solutions and on doing some research I found out that we should have RAM more than 2GB in our system. 2GB ram is the minimum amount that is required. We should tell the operating system that it is free to use more than 2GB user address space, 2.5GB actually and while leaving 1.5Gb for the kernel. Also one more thing allows the Empire.exe file to use more than 2GB mark in the memory. That’s what it can be done. This is the only suggestion that I have for you all. Hope its fine with you all.
    I don’t understand how can I go ahead with this method. Yes I have a 2GB RAM memory and I think that’s sufficient while playing the game and even the minimum system requirements did not specify anything about the RAM. So how do I tell the operating system to make the game file use more than 2GB mark of memory? I don’t understand that how it is done? That’s what I want to know from you all. I hope you will reply to this solution.

idea Re: Campaign map of Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai suddenly turns into water

Well I am making some steps over here separately for the windows xp and windows 7. I hope this one would be very much useful for you all.

For windows xp 32 bit users

- First and try find out the Boot.ini file which is located in the c drive.

- Now right click on the Boot.ini and then choose properties. Now uncheck ‘read-only’.

- Now open up the Boot.ini

- Get under the section. Called operating system go to the line "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional” well it may look different. Right click on that line and copy it. Paste the entire line and paste it below.

- Change the lines that you have copied and add a small addition at the end of the line. This is the line that you must add "/3GB /USERVA=2500". Make sure you are not adding the quotes.

- Find the name of the operating system in the lines that you have added recently and replaceit with ‘Windows XP 3GB’.

- Close and save the boot.ini.

- Now right click on the boot.ini and then click on properties. Check the option read only.

Windows 7 and Windows Vista users

- In vista go to the command prompt right click on it and select run as administrator.

- Now type the following thing in the command prompt ‘bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500’ then press enter.

- You should get a message confirming about the changes made in it.

- Now close the command prompt

The above steps that I had mentioned to you are given only to tell your operating system to increase the virtual address (userva) space to 2500MB.

Hope after trying this out. Everything will get fixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by DougWison View Post
    Well I am making some steps over here separately for the windows xp and windows 7. I hope this one would be very much useful for you all.

For windows xp 32 bit users

- First and try find out the Boot.ini file which is located in the c drive.

- Now right click on the Boot.ini and then choose properties. Now uncheck ‘read-only’.

- Now open up the Boot.ini

- Get under the section. Called operating system go to the line "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional” well it may look different. Right click on that line and copy it. Paste the entire line and paste it below.

- Change the lines that you have copied and add a small addition at the end of the line. This is the line that you must add "/3GB /USERVA=2500". Make sure you are not adding the quotes.

- Find the name of the operating system in the lines that you have added recently and replaceit with ‘Windows XP 3GB’.

- Close and save the boot.ini.

- Now right click on the boot.ini and then click on properties. Check the option read only.

Windows 7 and Windows Vista users

- In vista go to the command prompt right click on it and select run as administrator.

- Now type the following thing in the command prompt ‘bcdedit /set increaseuserva 2500’ then press enter.

- You should get a message confirming about the changes made in it.

- Now close the command prompt

The above steps that I had mentioned to you are given only to tell your operating system to increase the virtual address (userva) space to 2500MB.

Hope after trying this out. Everything will get fixed up.
    I have Windows 7, but I can't find the 'command prompt'
    Where is it located?
    Please reply as soon as possible

Ok, I found it, but if I typed it in, it doesn't give me the message that changes have been made, is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry 66 View Post
    Ok, I found it, but if I typed it in, it doesn't give me the message that changes have been made, is that normal?
    You need to specify in details like what kind of problem are you facing? If you want to open command prompt then click on start then in its search bar type cmd and a command prompt menu will open? But why do you want to open the command prompt is the big question here.

Well, DougWison said that you need to open the command prompt to change the usage of ram, but it's okay, I already found it.
    But now I want to know how to change your ram back to default.
    Now it is set to 2.5GB, but I don't know what the default is :s
    I guess you can't help me?

The default ram can only be changed if you know the amount of usage. Check this thread How to restore default after increasing 'increaseuserva'. This thread has some info on restoring the default ram usage. You can find the actual ram used in your system via Device Manager. But is not easy to find what is the default amount ram used by a game or application. You can stick to the game requirement.