Thread: Getting “Steam must be running” error while launching Duke Nukem forever

Getting “Steam must be running” error while launching Duke Nukem forever

I have bought Duke Nukem forever from steam and after installing Duke Nukem forever game in my computer when I try to launch it at that time I get “Steam must be running” error. I don’t know what is wrong with the game but this problem is frustrating for me. How can I solve this problem?

Re: Getting “Steam must be running” error while launching Duke Nukem forever

To solve this problem you have to logout of the steam and then log in again in to the steam. Now after doing that you have to check whether you are still getting same error message or not? I think after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If after trying above trick also you are getting same error then you have to try to fix this problem by deleting the Config folder from steam data. First of all you have to go to the user data folder if the steam and after that you have to look for the 57900 folder and then delete that folder. Now after that you have to reload the steam in your computer. After reloading the steam in your computer you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? In my case there was same problem occurred with steam and I have deleted the config folder and after deleting that when I start playing game again at that time I didn’t any problem. I think you should also try this solution.

Yes removing Config folder and reloading the steam can solve this problem. even I was also experiencing same problem and then I have deleted Config folder and then reloaded steam. After doing that all the things started working like a charm.