Thread: Getting "Error: Installation Failed’ error NBA 2K12

Getting "Error: Installation Failed’ error NBA 2K12

In my computer I have downloaded NBA 2k12 game and when I try to install this game at that time I get “Error: Installation Failed”. I don’t know what is causing this problem. If anyone have solution to this problem then let me know. Thank you in advance.

Re: Getting "Error: Installation Failed’ error NBA 2K12

I Will suggest you to first check whether you system specification is according to the requirement of the game or not? I am telling you this because if your system is not according to the requirement of the NBA 2K12 game then you have to upgrade our computer.

Yes I totally agree with the above solution. Your computer configuration should march with the game requirement.

Minimum System Requirements
    CPU: Pentium 4 single core 2.4 GHz or equivalent (2.8 GHz for Vista)
    RAM: 512 MB or more (1 GB for Vista)
    Hard Drive: 10.5 GB of free space or more
    Graphic card: We need a video card 128 MB or more memory with one of the following .ATI x1300 o superior; ATI x1300 or greater; NVIDIA 6600 o superior; NVIDIA 6600 or better; DirectX 9.0c compatible card with Shader Model 3.0

Recommended System Requirements
    CPU: Dual Core Processor 3 GHz or equivalent
    RAM: 2 GB
    Hard Drive: 10.5 GB of free space or more
    Video: Shader Model 3.0 with 512 MB of RAM (Nvidia Geforce 7900 GT or higher)

I have checked the system requirement of this game and my computer specification is proper according to that. I have also make sure that all other background process were disabled at the time of installation of this game but still I get this error. please tell me what should I do to solve this problem.

This type of problem can occur because of the missing or corrupt rld.dll file. To get rid of this problem you have to download rld.dll from internet and after downloading rld.dll file you have to copy it in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Now after doing that you have to open command prompt in your computer and after opening the command prompt in your computer you have to type "regsvr32 rld.dll" and then you have to restart your PC. After doing that you have to run registry cleaner and then try o install NBA 2K12 again in your computer. I think this solution will be helpful for you.

I was also getting same error while installing NBA in my computer and then I have tried all the possible solution to fix this issue but problem doesn’t get solved. Now after that my friends suggest me to replace the regsvr32 rld.dll file and then I have tried this solution and then my problem gets solved.