Thread: workaround for virtual addressing limitation and crash to desktop in Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai

workaround for virtual addressing limitation and crash to desktop in Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai

I was really interested in this game as it proved somewhat different game from normal ps3 platforms. And posting this thread because I want to inquire that I m in turn 174ish, and the game ctd's after I tend to press end turn, and all the ai has taken their turn. I made some verification of the cache, and it was noticed that I was with 5 files that required to be fixed, did that, plus still crashes. Additionally previous to my query , the game was completely solid game, as well as runs very smooth with all on ultra. So can you suggest some means or some hints which I will be able to clear my doubt.

Re: workaround for virtual addressing limitation and crash to desktop in Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai

I'm also having same issues with me and I played for most of these recent days with very little difficulty, but in these days after the patch, I'm about ten turns into a new campaign and it will tend to crash once my chance comes up. I'd join the autosave but it seems that the file size limit here is awfully small, and I'd post my dxdiag info but while doing this one it is also too large to affix as a file.

Re: workaround for virtual addressing limitation and crash to desktop in Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of The Samurai

In order to talk regarding the case, there are two kinds of Crash To Desktop.
    • The first permits you to restart the game along with continue, the second (Madding one) will not.
    • I had the second CTD, and two turns after Divided Realm.
    • It's irritating when this occurs, after you have spent all this time up to that point,
    • But inferior is that you don't make out if this is going to occur once more.

I "restored" my campaign by going to a earlier turn along with doing something dissimilar. Particularly, I didn't corner an AI faction. along with in an additional campaign I didn't blockade a exacting castle town with an enemy daimyo in it.It appears the AI logic are able to get trapped in a no-move scenario unless you do something diverse to give it a valid path out. at all times give your enemy a retreat path out and hope this helps to get around the issue.

I am quite sure if this assists but i suppose along with that one , send an army up to iwami so that it was able to capture the gold producing province. right subsequently after that it again and again crashes on end turn. Before this there was no issue at all. I suppose it might be associated to the AI suddenly not being able to do a move it planned to do.

clearly this is a issue so deep seeded in the game that a easy patch will not be able to fix, or else it would have been done before now, I would suppose. as well, attempting to navigate these workarounds appear to be great for a few along with ineffective for others, in my opinion finding them ineffective. possibly I would the money back to purchase the next Total War if this difficulty is determined. I actually enjoy Shogun 2 along with I am so extremely dissatisfied that I am not able to play the game and invest days into a campaign without the peace of mind that I will be able to end it.

I have found some fix for this one and according to me, I suppose that the autosave file has broken and due to this I need to tell that you need to attempt my autosave backup tool, no less than this way you'll only lose one turn. And there was a case where I found that the 'Mad Boris' Workaround worked like a charm I have played a full campaign without it crashing one more time.

I didn't have the trouble with Empire perhaps since I got a latest graphics card soon after that. I'd get the strange crash but nothing too usual to be irritating. premature days of Shogun I didn't appear to have any issues though, because I came back to it lately, the crashes became quite usual. Well all appears good now.