Thread: At the time of loading, Shogun 2: Total War crashes

At the time of loading, Shogun 2: Total War crashes

Hi friends in my computer I have recently installed Shogun 2: Total War game and after installing this game in my computer it has started giving me problems. When I launch Shogun 2: Total War game at that time I can see it loading and then it crashes. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: At the time of loading, Shogun 2: Total War crashes

This problem can occur if your computer specification does not match with the requirement of the game, so make sure that your computer is capable to run Shogun 2: Total War crashes. You have to also try to also check in your computer graphic driver and directX is up to date. In many cases updating the drivers can solve this problem. .

Yes if system specification does not match with the game requirement. Below are the requirements of the game.

Minimum requirements for Total War: Shogun 2

Processor - 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor or AMD equivalent (with SSE2)
    RAM - 1GB For windows XP, 2GB for Windows7 or Vista
    Graphic card - 256 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with shader model 3
    HDD space - 20GB
    (It requires minim 1024x768 screen resolution)

Recommended requirements for Total War: Shogun 2

Processor - 2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor or AMD equivalent (with SSE2)
    RAM - 1GB For windows XP, 2GB for Windows7 or Vista
    Graphic card - AMD Radeon HD 5000 and 6000 series graphics cards or equivalent DirectX 11 compatible graphics card
    HDD space - 20GB
    (It requires minim 1024x768 screen resolution)

There was similar problem occurred with me also and the I have elect offline mode in the steam and then when I try to start Shogun 2: Total War game at that time I don’t get this problem. I think you should also select offline mode in steam and then try to start game and see what the result is.

I have checked the requirement if the Shogun 2: Total War game and my computer is capable to run this game. I have also updated Direct X and graphic drivers in my computer but that does not make any difference. Is there any other way to solve this problem then let me know? Thank you in advance.

I will suggest you to try this solution to fix this problem.

You have to open my computer and first select “show all hidden files and folder” option from view tab of the folder options. Now go to the C drive and then open users folder. After that you have to open the folder with your username. Now after that you have to open AppData folder and then you have to open The Creative Assembly folder from Roaming. Now go to the Shogun2 folder and then you have to select army_setups, fx_cache, campaign_preferences, battle_preferences folders and then delete them. After doing this steps you have to restart the steam and then check whether you can play Shogun 2: Total War game or not?

Well friends in my computer I have also installed this game from steam and experiencing similar problem. Things which I tried are, updating all the drivers, direct x, running game in windowed mode but problem does not get solved. I have also deleted the folder which is mentioned in the above post and then when I restart the steam at that time problem occurs again. Any help will be appreciated.

Once you delete the folder from the game directory in appdata folder you have to restart steam and then verify your game files. now after verifying the game files when you try to start Shogun 2: Total War game at that time you will not face any issues.

Yes I have was also facing same issue with the Shogun 2: Total War game and then I have verify the game files after removing the army_setups, fx_cache, campaign_preferences, battle_preferences folders and then my problem get solved.