Thread: When will a 64-bit steam client be available?

When will a 64-bit steam client be available?

Hello friends, I was think that when will be 64-bit steam client be available and also how to get hold of Valve's 64bit games if I am purchasing everything from steam. I have recently Windows Vista 64 and getting fantastic. So does anyone have any information about it and also what else you about it then please share with me? Thank you.

Re: When will a 64-bit steam client be available?

I would imagine that 64-bit client would not exist until and unless there is reason for it, as there might be some reason for that and also there might be no benefit at present. What I know that actual Half Life 2 comes under that category, such that binaries are included with the 32-bit version and also it is not a separate download for it, which is really nice.

Well I think that there might not be practical advantage to a 64-bit Steam client and also there will not be one for a significant amount of time, such when 64-bit op operating system overtakes 32-bit operating system. As 64-bit Valve games, such you will be able to get Half-Life 2 in 64-bit along with a launch option but do not go for it. Well it is really buggy and offers virtually and there is no advantage over the 32-bit version. If already installed 64-bit version then I would suggest that you go back to 32-bit and you will have to put 32-bit in the launch-options. I will not suggest for that, as 64-bit is not equal and also not faster.

Well there are no much points in 64-bit steam client at present and also I am not sure that there would be or not. But who might be expecting or knowing what will be there in future. So let’s wait and see.

I think that it might be available for Windows 8 which will be having only 64-bit and also Steam does need to use more 3 GB of RAM to work, such that it hardly use till 300 MB till now. If Steam is gone into fully 3D client than it will ran in a window or full screen, so with that thing there might be point. I would love to see and it should be there, which will be really nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyi7 View Post
    Well there are no much points in 64-bit steam client at present and also I am not sure that there would be or not. But who might be expecting or knowing what will be there in future. So let’s wait and see.
    Well this was the answer which I was looking for; it is very much perfect for me. Whereas Windows 7 is been reputed to only come out in x64 that also in next year and it was due to that why I was asking about it.

Selecting Attainments is initiating HL2 to accident. In some occasions the entire framework will blue screen. On one extraordinary event granted that I was logged in, choice of the attainments secure popped a warning inform that I wasn't logged in, granted that I was playing HL2 around then with the Rush team. Since an artist sees this, then you ought to inquire more concerning some solemn defects after the final discharge, also that the geometry is now without a doubt derailed, the bazooka sort class can shoot someone strait in the countenance and it goes right through them, and various different issues. I have 25 years in Solaris and alternate OS and requisitions improvement and I am able to get you’re user tally over 100 players around then assuming that you permit me to have entered.

The particular advantage I can see coming from this is getting the overlay to work with 64-bit games. It won't even work in 64bit half life 2. That is pretentious it would take a full 64-bit client and not just an overlay tweak.

There is no advantage right now seeing as there is hardly anyone using the 64bit versions of windows. Only about 6% using Vista x64 whereas less then 1% use XP x64. There is no point in coding something that would hardly be used right now. Valve go with what most of the userbase use which is 32bit XP.