Thread: Unlockable secret costumes without masks based on collection rank, raccoons, choices or difficulty settings in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Unlockable secret costumes without masks based on collection rank, raccoons, choices or difficulty settings in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

I have just started playing Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. While playing I noticed that the faces of UBSC mercenaries are covered. Are they covered for whole of the game or do they reveal themselves or maybe one or the other character. I wanted to know if collecting items, raising ranks or playing the game on increased difficulty will change the looks of the costume.

Re: Unlockable secret costumes without masks based on collection rank, raccoons, choices or difficulty settings in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

I have been playing the game for long time and the UBSC mercenaries remained masked all the time. The default game story till where I have reached, none of them reveal their whole faces. I too am expecting that at the end maybe when some bigger threat is detected and both the factions will need to fight united, the UBSC mercenaries will expose themselves to gain other team’s trust. I too feel that the faces should be revealed. I find it unjust that one team has their faces covered while another team will hide their faces.

Re: Unlockable secret costumes without masks based on collection rank, raccoons, choices or difficulty settings in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

First I thought that the DLC will provide costumes without masks for downloads. But then after downloading extra content, I saw that the masks never get removed; only the color scheme or the accessories are added or removed from their costumes. I too think that revealing their faces in story would have added a bit surprising factor or twist in the story. If the faces are revealed, they could make a new game that reveals history of each character.

I think that the developers haven’t removed their masks is because again if the characters wouldn’t look good as per the players expectation then they would complain. To make someone look bad, the expressions must be developed so. To develop the expressions extra cost and time would have been spent during development. So the developers must have put dangerous looking masks on their faces.

Like in Resident Evil 5, Chris’ costume changed at level 20 and 25 and Sheva’s costume changed at level 30 and 35, there should have been some function like it. Maybe on collecting certain amount of raccoons, a different costume will unlock. They could have changed character’s costumes as the game progresses. Also the difficulty should have changed the player’s costume. The increase in difficulty can also be an way to bring change in costume.