Thread: Camera controls inverted in the journey game

Camera controls inverted in the journey game

Hello friends, I have just got a problem with another game's camera controls and due to which it have force me to think that are Journey's controls inverted when using the thumbstick or not? I do believe that there is option; well I am completely useless without inverted look. Does anyone has any idea about it, then please do tell about it. Thank you.

re: Camera controls inverted in the journey game

Well it is having the camera inversion supported on both axes. As the developer have told about it that painful for ages over putting that menu in the game, but in the end they have decided that it was worth an ugly menu to provide somewhere to stay the large number of players who prefer inverted controls.

Re: Camera controls inverted in the journey game

Quote Originally Posted by Badmannah View Post
    Well it is having the camera inversion supported on both axes. As the developer have told about it that painful for ages over putting that menu in the game, but in the end they have decided that it was worth an ugly menu to provide somewhere to stay the large number of players who prefer inverted controls.
    Well it is really nice and also they have put that in. Well I will be able to see how it was a harsh judgment for you all but ease of access is definitely one of the medium's constraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Badmannah View Post
    Well one thing which I understand is about the decision to add the ugly menu, but where are the other ideas of modifying the traditional form of options menus pondered, that just didn’t seem to work out in practice? I can’t help but think that there has to be some simple yet very complex way of mastering this ugliness. I haven’t thought of no matter which mind blowing yet. But I was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by DevenderD View Post
    Well one thing which I understand is about the decision to add the ugly menu, but where are the other ideas of modifying the traditional form of options menus pondered, that just didn’t seem to work out in practice? I can’t help but think that there has to be some simple yet very complex way of mastering this ugliness. I haven’t thought of no matter which mind blowing yet. But I was just curious.
    Well the developer have spent some of their time considering other options, but were very worried about doing something unusual and accidentally confusing people who wanted non-inverted controls. Even as the menu absolutely is not the most beautiful thing of work which they have ever done, it's covered so much deep enough so that most people probably are not able to see it, at least on their first playthrough. They make presumptuous, although, that people who wish to have inverted controls are used to digging through menus to find the option, so the people that require it will get to it, and with any luck they will be so relived they can invert the controls that they would not mind the ugliness of the menu and I think that it is not worse than normal game menus at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Halle View Post
    Well the developer have spent some of their time considering other options, but were very worried about doing something unusual and accidentally confusing people who wanted non-inverted controls. Even as the menu absolutely is not the most beautiful thing of work which they have ever done, it's covered so much deep enough so that most people probably are not able to see it, at least on their first playthrough. They make presumptuous, although, that people who wish to have inverted controls are used to digging through menus to find the option, so the people that require it will get to it, and with any luck they will be so relived they can invert the controls that they would not mind the ugliness of the menu and I think that it is not worse than normal game menus at all.
    Well it is a menu 'in' the game or it is been there on any of any welcome screen other than just literally appearing in the desert? Even wanted to know that how does saving the game work and what it save?

I'm pretty sure that you can just pop up the menu whenever. As for saving, it saves automatically. Details of what you've unlocked, progress, etc. is saved.