Thread: Why Australian has to pay extra $20 for Diablo III?

Why Australian has to pay extra $20 for Diablo III?

As the title itself says I am starting this thread to know that why here in Australia we have to pay extra $20 to get the game, I know that it is not a topic to fight on but then I want to know what others thing about the same, I have found that the game is being sold for 79.99 in Australia whereas for 59.99 in united states, why this injustice???? Any one sharing their opinion on the same will be appreciated.

Re: Why Australian has to pay extra $20 for Diablo III?

As the title itself says I am starting this thread to know that why here in Australia we have to pay extra $20 to get the game, I know that it is not a topic to fight on but then I want to know what others thing about the same, I have found that the game is being sold for 79.99 in Australia whereas for 59.99 in united states, why this injustice???? Any one sharing their opinion on the same will be appreciated.
    I know that it feel like it is unfair but then it is just due to the Trade tariffs I think, I think that the price difference is just for the hard copy of the game and you don’t have to pay anything extra if you are getting it online and I think that it is the best option to get the game, I mean rather than waiting for the hard copy to arrive the store and pay extra, why not get it pre-downloaded and save some money.

I have found a no of people asking the same question and not just for the game but then for other digital goods like itunes and apps as well but then there was not a single straight answer on their official site as well, I can guess two possibilities for the same:
    1. Due to Trade tariffs
    2. Retail outlets might be having higher profit margin.

I have found the same with the SEA player as well, just to inform you all I visited the pre-order page where it was stating 90SGD and as soon as I hit the pre-order for the confirmation then the price was stated as 90USD, so can anyone tell me that how 90SGD change to 90USD??? I don’t think that there was any such tax column as well, I doubt if anyone might be having an answer for this absurd pricing.

I think that this is just their smart way of scamming the sea player’s. I mean that for pre-purchasing the same in United States it is 60USD and here I really don’t understand why we have to pay extra 30USD for the same. This is the difference:
    • Normal pre-order price= 60USD
    • SEA pre-order price = 90USD

Can anyone explain that why I have to pay premium, is there anyone who has a broad idea about the same?????