Thread: Getting error "file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III .....could not be renamed" while installing Diablo III

Getting error "file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III .....could not be renamed" while installing Diablo III

I have recently bought Diablo III and I have not been able to install the same, after I am agreeing upon the agreement then I get the below error message:
    The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III Beta.temp\Data_D3.temp\PC.temp\MPQs.temp" could not be renamed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III Beta.temp\Data_D3.temp\PC.temp\MPQs". If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support”
    Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out???

Re: Getting error "file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III .....could not be renamed" while installing Diablo III

I am not very sure but then it appears as if some program is stopping the installation process, just disable if there is any antivirus that you might be having and see if it is letting you install it, stop running any other program during the installation to be at the safer side, just try out the same and then post back the result that you get.

Re: Getting error "file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III .....could not be renamed" while installing Diablo III

If you want then you can try out installing the game in safe mode with networking. There are possibilities that there might be read/write access issues as this was a glitch in windows 7, so if you are having windows 7 then just check out it as well. I have checked out some other forum and have found some mentioning that renaming the C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III Beta.temp\Data_D3.temp\PC.temp\ to MPQs from MPQs.temp has worked out for them just check it out and then let us know which possible solution is solving out the issue in your case, hope that helps.

I am not aware of renaming the MPQs.temp manually but then I was getting the below error message:
    ERROR: The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III Beta.temp\Data_D3.temp\PC.temp\MPQs.temp" could not be renamed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III Beta.temp\Data_D3.temp\PC.temp\MPQs". If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ConflictManager::ResolveConflicts/1) WARNING: The folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Daiblo III Beta.temp\Data_D3.temp\PC.temp\MPQs.temp" could not be deleted. (ConflictManager::UncreateObjects) WARNING: The folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III Beta.temp\Data_D3.temp\PC.temp could not be deleted
    I was not able to install the game but then later as I was suggested to turn off other program like antivirus and when I disabled the “Microsoft security essentials”