Thread: Unit Battle Behavior in Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances

Unit Battle Behavior in Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances

I recently saw the trailer of Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances. I found it exciting and joined the game. But after I joined, I realized that it is something that I haven’t played before. To be frank, I haven’t played strategy game before. I am not a hardcore gamer, so I mostly play racing games. This strategy game is completely new for me. Can someone explain me how the units work? Some help with tactics and strategy will also be appreciated.

Re: Unit Battle Behavior in Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances

The game mainly consists of attacking enemy and defending our base from threats. For doing this one needs units. Attacking & defending units can be Infantry, vehicle or aircrafts. Every unit has different movement speed. Some move fast, some move around stealthily or some heavy units move slowly. You have to plan attacks or defense taking speed into consideration. There is no ammunition system in this game, all units have unlimited ammo except Firehawk, they return to the base for refilling ammo. The units are programmed to attack the enemy units on right side first if it is given choice. But user can choose to attack any enemy whenever he/she wants. Some defending units like MG nest or Missile squad are stationary. Units are classified according to their strengths.

The attacking units will automatically choose the enemy units that are easier to destroy. User can change their decision and make them attack different unit. When attacking or defending, the unit will fight from a single area. Once the unit is destroyed, the other unit will automatically choose another target to fight with. Whenever a vehicle drives over a enemy unit, a small amount of speed will be reduced. Whenever a vehicle or infantry unit encounters with enemy unit, it will stop and attack until it is destroyed. Once destroyed, it will continue to move if some destination is set. Else it will stand and guard that position.

The defensive unit will detect the incoming attacking wave and position themselves in that lane. They will hold the position until the enemy unit is destroyed or the defending unit is destroyed. The non-stationary units won’t change path in any case. Player can change the position of defending unit at their will. Defending units won’t change position if they are blocked by any unit on their sides.

You can use the attacking range of the defensive units to your own advantage. Find the range of defending unit that is protecting any building of enemy. Once you find that the unit cannot attack anything at a certain range, bring a unit that can attack from long range and effectively damage buildings, place them away from range of defending unit and then start destroying the building. Whenever, attacking an enemy base, first send the attacking units that have good speed and good power at destroying defending units that move. Once they are finished, send in the building destroying units and destroy the unit producing buildings. This will ensure that no new units are spawned.

Whenever attacking an enemy base, if you realize that your units won’t be enough to destroy whole base, then first destroy the barracks and war factory. This will stop production of defensive or attacking units for some time. If you don’t have enough units to do this, at least destroy the buildings that repair the damaged units. So the next time you come for attacking, you will have easier targets to destroy. Also plan the formation of units as it is very important, who will die first and kill first.

According to me, a good defensive setup is that which has balanced amount of anti-aircraft and anti-vehicle units. Anti-vehicle units are also good for defending against human units. So I ensure that my defense is not breached by vehicles or aircraft. I use MG nests as they are best for both ground defense and aerial defense. The construction yard is an important part of a secured base. Place it in such place that it is easily accessible to most of the units. Whenever there is no attack going on you, you can repair the damaged units and keep them ready for next attack.