Thread: Need For Speed Carbon - Installation Problem

Need For Speed Carbon - Installation Problem

I am trying to install NFS Carbon, and the installation doesn't proceed and displays the error "Please install DirectX 0 before installation the game". Can anybody tell me please where may I get "DirectX 0"? Is there any "DirectX 0"? I haven't heard about it. My operating system is Windows 7 with DirectX 11 installed.

Re: Need For Speed Carbon - Installation Problem

Are you having latest driver for your graphic card?? if not then get it now and if yes then reinstall it and see if it is helping if this does not help then try reinstalling the directx in your case and see if it is making any difference.

The problem can be resolved by installing DirectX in your system. You have to download the latest version from official site. And install it. Also I will recommend you to once update your gpu drivers also. If you can post your complete hardware config, then it is better. DirectX 0 error is only associated with NFS game. It does come with others. There will be some issues with installation procedure also. If you can arrange a new setup for the game then test that also. But before go ahead with fresh Direct installation and update your gpu drivers. This would be enough to fix the issue.

There are two possible options to fix the issue. First if you are running the game through Steam then you will need to add /dxadapter=0. You can do that through Launch Options. Just add this and try back. You have to right click on the game in steam and then click on properties. In that you can find Set Launch Settings. If this does not work then there is one more way to fix the issue. You have to launch the game in compatibility mode. Right click on the game icon and choose Properties. In that go under Compatibility tab and from there select the OS to Windows 2000. Now try to re-launch the game.