Thread: Does monster mean anything in Silent Hill: Downpour?

Does monster mean anything in Silent Hill: Downpour?

well according to me monsters seems to be something in Silent Hill: Downpour. I found that this particular game is having creepy atmospheres as well as rooms. Well I have never seen any symbolism in the game. the Pyramid Head could be exclusive for james.

Re: Does monster mean anything in Silent Hill: Downpour?

As far as I remember that Murphy supposed to be a fireman and it wheelchair is representing the same. we are not able to know what amount of symbolism supposed to be invested in monsters until and unless we are not aware of plot. I can imagine that fans are not aware about the Pyramid Head and role as punisher till James would guilty for murdering his wife in the game.

In case monsters are not having symbolism. I am wondering that it is quite safe to say that fandom would probably find out the meaning of monsters behind of the same. I can appreciate if there should be symbolism till certain limit. You should have the better understanding of story as well as main characters. It supposed to be the next fear feature where symbolism could unlock it. at the first gameplay I found that monsters were aberrations. There were quite creepy and scary as well.

I can understand that one will not be able to create monsters without having inspiration. There is need of inspiration more or less. There should be a hardcore reason why some kind of monsters are existing.

You will be able to get the difficulty level of symbolism once you have completed the game. however in the second playthrough you will find out quite easy. Silent Hill experience is beginning with single playthrough which will make you confuse. It gets end having little bit understanding of entire story. Personally I am not having any issue if monsters are more creepy if the story part of the game is good.

Monsters in many other games are seems to be symbolic. In SH2 when there was great symbolism introduced except for Mandarins and roaches. I am expecting that SH3 supposed to be better example of symbolism since monster supposed to be more open ended as compared to SH2.