Thread: Getting green screen in The Darkness II

Getting green screen in The Darkness II

Hi friends I have installed The Darkness II game in my computer and I have ATI Radeon HD 5970 graphic card and I am facing annoying problem. Now whenever I launch The Darkness II game at that time game menu appears properly but when I start playing game at that time I get green screen. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Getting green screen in The Darkness II

As far as I know this problem occurs because of conflict of anti aliasing controls in Catalyst control center and that is why I will suggest you to set anti aliasing to Use Application Controls and after that you have to check problem get solved or not?

I will also suggest you same solution by setting “Use Application Controls” for Anti aliasing option. You have to first open Catalyst Control center in your computer and after opening that you have to choose gaming option. Now after that you have to choose image quality option. After doing that you have to check 'use application settings' box for the Anti aliasing and then you have to click on apply button. Now you have to start The Darkness II game and then check whether green screen problem has solved or not? I was also experiencing same problem and then I have tried this solution and after that my problem get solved and that is why I am suggesting you this solution.

Hello friends those who have recently updated the AMD drivers then you have to open AMD Vision Engine Control Center because name has changed. Now after changing the anti aliasing setting your problem will get solved. if you want any more help then let me know.

I have open Catalyst Control center and then I have set anti aliasing to Use Application Controls but after that also I get same problem. Running the game with different resolution does not help me to solve this problem. I have also installed latest graphic card drivers ion my computer but that does not help also. Now let me know what should I do to solve this problem?

I was also looking for solution regarding green screen problem in The Darkness II and I have tried to fix this problem by setting use application settings for anti aliasing in catalyst center but after that also problem does not get solved. Now after that I have come to know that along with anti aliasing I have to also set Antisotropic Filtering to use application setting. After trying this solution my problem get solved.  

In my computer I have installed The Darkness II and I am experiencing green screen problem. I have windows 7 operating system, 4 GB RAM and I have nvidia 480 gtx graphic card. In above solution are for AMD cards and I want to know that does that apply for Nvidia also or there is any other setting I have to do. Please help with this. Thank you in advance.

Yes you have to do same for Nvidia also. First you have to open Nvidia control center and after opening that you have to go to the manage 3D setting and then set Let the application decide for Anti aliasing and Antisotropic Filtering . Now after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If after trying above solution also you are experiencing the same problem then you have to download latest graphic drivers for your nvidia 480 gtx graphic card and then install in your computer and after installing latest drivers your problem will get solved.