Thread: Can soldiers go Prone in XCOM game?

Can soldiers go Prone in XCOM game?

Will soldiers in XCOM game can go to Prone? In case it is not provided then the developer should provide the same. it seems to be logical and atmospheric however it will help to balance the involvement of open map where you will not have an option to cover in the game. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Can soldiers go Prone in XCOM game?

So far the developer of the game has not made any announcement about the above mentioned thing. there is 50%-50% chances to have above mentioned thing in XCOM.

I came to know that they had introduced new action which is hunker down however it seems to give ‘trade a turn to get a bonus in cover´ kind of thing. I am not sure about whether we will get prone as they are looking to provide battle quite quickly. According to me Prone movement seems to be quite slow. People are saying that we are going to have normal movement and dashing . they are eager to use crouch-scale as well as standing cover. Hence I am wondering that replace cover or require short cover which seems to be unlikely.

I am really disappointed with this particular XCOM as the soldiers was forgetting how to hit dirt in the game and it seems to be really frustrating.

According to me it is best to not have Prone. Particularly in the situation when combat area are seems to be laid into the paintball arena. I think cover mechanics quite enough to have in the game. all the soldiers in the game seems to be couch when they are not moving. You will find it sensible when you are thinking about the same. it is having quick response task force rather than that of military combat unit. So there is need of using tactics which is related to SWAT rather than that of U.S. Marines. Prone was not introduced in the original title hence there is no need to have the same in current version of game.

I managed to see that sniper wanting is going for Prone. I know its not so mobile for urban where close quarter combat is happening. I will really appreciate if it would have almost all the features of the original title. However I don’t want aliens who are sitting and playing cards all the time. The content should be same as that of original world.